Wednesday, March 30, 2016

A Day In The Life



Yesterday I participated in Ali Edwards Day In The Life project. It is basically a photography project where you document your whole day. Click here for more info on Ali Edwards blog.

Anyone else participate too ?

I wanted to share my photos + words with you today. In a few days/few weeks when I have put all my photos and words together and I will be sure to share it with you here. Well, lets get to it now. I shared a lot of photos on IG and added some words to go along with them so that I could remember the times and details.

Total number of photos taken : 27

Iphone : 14
DSLR : 13

I knew I didn't want to take a whole bunch of photos, because I can't possibly use them all. I know there will be some that I won't use but I am super happy with what I did capture today.

Here goes :

My day began at 6:55 am when my alarm went off. I go downstairs and take breakfast orders from the kids. 3 bowls of peach oatmeal. Teeth get brushed, shoes get tied, and lunches get put into backpacks.

The sun was SO bright that it was very hard to get a decent photo of the kids walking but I kind of like how it turned out.


7 : 19 am | walking to catch the bus. Hello Sunshine. Hello day in the life.

After the kids left I straightened up the kitchen a little and then went into my scrap room to upload and share photos of my Simple Stories design team blog post that went live today.

Next up was starting the laundry. Usually Monday is laundry day but since we were out adventuring I couldn't start it until today.

7:46 am | first load of laundry goes in. Whites, jeans, darks, then lights. It's always been my system and I'm sticking to it. I am sporting my pj's and my glasses. Also remembered I still need to finish rearranging/updating my wall decor in the laundry room. 


After I get the laundry going I straighten up a little upstairs and then head down to my scrap room to work on some PL for a couple hours. 

10:26 am | upstairs switching the laundry. I quickly opened up all the blinds because it is still chilly. 67 says the upstairs thermostat. Brrrrr. While in Maddie's room I decided to count all her current stuffed animals on her bed. There are #22. Typical Maddie.


10:34 am | broke open a box of Tagalongs. I've been trying to make our small stash last a while. But today I broke down ! They sure were good to enjoy while I worked on some design team pages.



 10 : 40 am | Received a text from Patrick saying that he is not feeling well and he is coming home now. He asked if a wanted a soda. Yes, please I reply.

More scrapbooking, laundry for me. Patrick relaxes on the couch. We have both been sick recently and he is still trying to recover.


12:10 pm | lunch consisting of mini sweet roll egg salad sandwiches, fruit, and carrot sticks. I'm slowly getting back to eating better this week. 


After lunch I took a shower and then the kids came home from school. I always like to check in with the kids and ask them about their day. 


Running some errands to Hobby Lobby and the grocery store. Hobby Lobby for Katelyn's school project. I simply had to stroll down a few select aisles while I was there. A few scrapbook aisles, and some of the home decor aisles. I did have to hurry to get home. 




Home now.  A little bit more work in my scrap room before I go help out with the kids homework, ect.

We took some time in the afternoon to get homework done, chores, make lunches, picking out clothes for school tomorrow.



5:05 pm | reading homework outside today.




5:40 pm | dinner prep. Garlic anyone ? Chili for dinner tonight, yummy.



6:20 pm | Outside playtime for the kids. 


Patrick and Katelyn were working on her school STEM project that is due tomorrow. 

7:30 | Family prayers and then it was off to bed for Noah. Maddie got ready for bed too, played a few minutes of xbox and read before going to bed. 


7:40 pm | my nightly rituals begin. Usually right after Noah goes to bed I will start my nightly duties. Closing the blinds, turning on the outside house lights, straightening up the house here and there, finish up any chores/dinner cleanup/projects, ect. It's a time to wind down, the house gets quieter, things slow down, it's a nice time.



8:46 pm | These two worked all afternoon and evening to finish up her school project. I am so proud. They had to make something that moved so they made a crane with a magnet on the bottom to pick up metal objects ! 

5:40 pm | dinner prep. Garlic anyone ? Chili for dinner tonight, yummy.


Katelyn got ready for bed after that and then Patrick and I watched Elementary and went to bed ourselves. 

That is a wrap for this portion of my Day In The Life. 

My plan to move forward with this project is to a full 12x12 pocket page spread with maybe a 6x12 insert as well. We shall see how it turns out. 

No comments: