Friday, March 18, 2016

Go See Do | Road Trip 2015

Happy Saturday everyone !

I have another Kellie Stamps project to share with you today. Yippee right ?!

She has a digital stamp set in her shop called Go See Do, see below.  You can find it here.



Once I saw all this fun trip/travel brushes I knew exactly what I was going to create with it.

Last summer the kids and I drove out to visit family in UTAH. We were there for almost 3 weeks and we did a lot of fun things while we were there. These pages are the beginning of our trip and some of the things that we did that first week.

Here are both pages together.


The left side of my spread. I stayed with a pink, yellow and a little bit of green color scheme for this one. Usually I start with my photos and then pick out cards and embellishments to compliment the photos.


Instead of doing a title card I made a journaling card/title card. I wanted to show how we went from California to Utah. To achieve this look I found some free state outlines online and then went from there.


A few close ups and pictures. I love this road trip circle stamp, I thought it needed a few enamel dots to balance out the page.



One of my favorite parts of our trip was visiting with family. One night we all got together for some desserts and catching up.

I recolored the Summer brush from this Ali Edwards brush set.


This photo was the traditional " we are heading out on the road " photo in the car. I added a digital brush and a few embellishments.


One more from the left side to share with you. I typically do not like or use small photos like this. But I went with it today and I am okay with it for now. I printed out a smaller photo of the kids and a flower blooming in the yard. I added a few digital brushed on top of each other and added my journaling on the bottom.


Let's move on to the right side. This page has more misc. pictures from that week.

I chose to use the design G page protector for this right side.


The kids are in love with my parents backyard. I don't blame them. There is a huge rock to climb, trees to search through, a trampoline to jump on, ect. They have called it the Forest for years now.

I wanted to remember this little story and so I added some white letters onto the photo of the girls going up the rock path. The journaling card talks about the days activities.


This middle card was fun to create.

The bottom photo I added a chipboard frame and added a digital brush from the set on the bottom.


Well that is it for me today. Thanks for coming and checking out the blog today. I am really loving being creative recently. Happy Scrapping everyone.


2 comments:

helen r said...

Now I have to buy that stamp set! :)

Mindi said...

Yes Helen, it is a great one to have ! I can see me using it over and over again.