Saturday, December 7, 2013

December Daily Day 2 | Monday

Hello Day 2.

This day is all about introducing our Elf name "Harry". He came to us a few days before December started.

The kids were super excited to hear all about their new Elf as I read them the book.

Here is a look at Day 2.


The first page close up.


Here are the journaling cards for Day 2.

The red journaling card is from the Studio Calico kit. I loved that it was red and it had a number 2 on it. Added some embellishments and s little journaling about me reading the Elf on the Shelf book to the kids. 

The photo is of me reading the book to the kids. I added the photo overlay from the SC kit from way back.


While trying to get Day 2 done and photographed  I forgot to add something onto the photo.  Searching online for something Elf related was not successful. So I saved the image of the Elf on the Shelf logo from their website. After it was saved to my computer I used the photo as a guide and made it the right size that I wanted. Used some white cardstock to print it out on and cut it out. There you have it.


I really had fun staging a photo shoot with "Harry" (our elf). Took some shots of him in our Christmas tree.  When I printed out the photo I left a white border. Really loving that look this year.

The brush is from Ali Edwards. You can find it here.  I had to break up the strip into two parts and
move the brush where I wanted it on the photo. Also made the word holidays white to make it stand out more.


Here is page 2.

I propped up Harry on my little ledge on my Board and Batten wall. It was the perfect spot for him to sit.

I knew that I wanted to do a big photo page for this photo. I started out with the photo just by itself, adding things here and there. Although, it wasn't quite right. Then I started playing around with the December Daily Templates. This one was my favorite for this photo. You can find it here.  
 I haven't yet purchased Ali Edwards new templates for this year. I am going to this week though.

You can find the hello magic brush here. 

After I printed out the template. I started adding this and that. I added a strip of patterned paper with my sewing machine. Also added the Harry label with my sewing machine.


That is a wrap on Day 2. Thanks for looking.

Merry Christmas everyone !

1 comment:

Layle Koncar said...

Hi Mindy! My name is Layle Koncar and I'm the marketing director for Simple Stories. I was looking for your email address on your blog so I could email you directly, but I can't find it. I have a question for you (it's all good!), would you mind sending an email to me at layle@simplestories.com so we can chat? Thanks!