Monday, January 21, 2013

Project Week 2

Welcome to week 2.

I really had soooo much fun doing this week. I had lots of "Life Stuff" to get into this week. So I doubled up some of the photos and journaling together to maximize space.

See here goes.


Title card.  I used an Ali Edwards brush and added the date.


Brush is from Ali Edwards Hello Christmas. Find it here.


The kids were so excited today when they got to go "into" the house for the first time. Helmets and all.

Label sticker is from October Afternoon. Heart from Studio Calico.


Maddie's snowman for school.


The first card is from the Seafoam kit. Added an Ali Edwards photo overlay to some cardstock and journaled inside the overlay.

The second one I added a picture of our current garage state. We are starting the moving process.
Sticker from October Afternoon.


I love this yellow house paper. I wish I could remember who it is by, but I only had a few scraps of it.
It is perfect for our house pictures. I added the date and the arrows, can't remember who they are from.

The photo is of the weekly instagram I have loved to add.

The second card is from the Seafoam kit. Journaling about Maddie's snowman.


The second page.


This is a picture of our house. It has changed soooo much since last week. It is so exciting. It is going to change a lot this next week. They are finishing up with all the plywood, adding the white stuff before they apply the stucco. Also the installation is going in and then the drywall is being put up. It will look a lot different next week !!

But I added some more of the arrows over my journaling box that I made on the photo. Then added the "build it".


I started working out again this week after a long foot injury recovery. It feels good to lace up those running shoes.


I took a photo of both girls report cards this week. They both are doing amazing well in their classes and I am so proud.

Added journaling and the + down in the corner and then added the yellow A afterwards. 


This week Patrick and I celebrated our 11th Wedding Anniversary. We never did get a photo of us two together so I took one from our latest beach trip.

Ali Edwards Your Love Brushes and Stamps. Changed the love to yellow and I love how it stands out now.

** Look forward to a quick tutorial hopefully this next week about changing the color on brushes, journaling cards, ect. ** It is soooo easy if you don't know how to do it yet.


Journaling card from the seafoam kit. Stapled my movie ticket with the Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher. We took the kids to see Wreck It Ralph last Saturday.

Noah really wanted to a "Movie and Popcorn".


I used two journaling spaces this week for my Anniversary story. Not much to tell, nothing too exciting. But it was still a night out alone with my hubby to celebrate thanks to our wonderful neighbor.

I used one of the bi fold journaling cards and then simply cut it in half.

The cute man and women are from the Amy Tan digitals. You can find them here.


I am simply hooked on HGTV. And I love it !! Card is from the kit. I made the triangle in Photoshop, making it sure it was the right size. I wanted it to look like the HGTV logo.


That is it for week 2. So far so good. I am half way down with another week from 2012. And tonight I will get started on week 3 !!

And last but certainly not least. I want to give a big shout out to my team the San Fransisco 49ers. WHOOO HOOO !! We are going to the Super Bowl. I am soooooooooo excited !! They won their game today and now are on their way to the Super Bowl in 2 weeks !!


12 comments:

Shawn said...

You are so creative. I love seeing all that you are doing with the Sea Foam kit. I may give in and get one. Do you have a lot of the Clementine kit left? I do and that is what is mainly holding me back.

Mindi said...

Shawn -

I still haven't finished with my 2012 album yet, and right now I have less than half of the Clementine kit left. But I'm not worried about it. To me, I wanted something new for this year. I love how each year is something different. It gives me a great start to some newly inspired creativity and that is all I need. I was in a rut sort of. I'm not sure if you are the same way. Hope that helps !!

libbywilko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
libbywilko said...

Wow the house is looking great! Congratulations on your 11th wedding anniversary!

365 Days of Donna said...

How fabulous to have your new home in your weekly layouts! You'll especially treasure your journaling about the details of this exciting time. Your work is beautiful, by the way! :)

Susana said...

I am loving your layouts and Project Life inspiration this past year! I look forward to your posts :).

I was wondering...when you use tags and such from places like Jillibean Soup do you buy physical products or their digital elements and print/cut yourself?

Thank you for continuing to take the time and effort to share your Project Life and family with us!

Mindi said...

Thank you all for the kind comments. And thanks for coming !! I love to share and will continue to do so here on the blog !

Susana - All of the tags are the physical products. I just love the look of the actual product.

Susana said...

Thank you, Mindi! I do too, but was hoping yours were digital so I could have some today, lol :)! I'll be ordering!

Congratulations on your new house! So exciting! We are moving in three weeks and even though it's chaos presently, I am just SO excited and can hardly wait!

Susana said...

You know, I was thinking...do you ever print out the digital embellishments onto quality cardstock to get a "physical" embellishment? I am wondering if it will look as nice as an ordered one. I may try it! Would love your input if you have any experience with this.

Mindi said...

Susana -
Congrats on your upcoming move and I hope it is a smooth one. I have printed out digital things and cut them out. Some of them look good. But I myself prefer the physical product, I'm so picky !! But I prefer the real thing. But everyone is different, you might not mind the digital/cut out version. Sometimes when I cut them I find that you can't get them "perfect" ! So again, that is where my pickiness comes in. Go ahead and try it out, see what you think, and you might like the easiness of digital products. Who knows. I hope that helps.

Shawn said...

Mind!

You house is looking awesome. Your family will be in it before you know it.

I agree with you that i want something new (regarding new kit) to get creative with. The more layouts I see with people using the sea foam kit the more I want it. Will probably cave in sooner, rather than later...lol. One of the things that I really like about your PL spreads is how you incorporate items from your stash into each week. Have really been challenging myself to do that.

Thanks for your inspiration.

Susana said...

Thank you, Mindi! Same to you as far as a smooth move!

I printed a few digital elements onto good cardstock last night. Not satisfied. They'll do for a week or so till the ones I ordered get here.

Thank you for your help! Looking forward to seeing what else you create!