Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A Disney Day | Simple Stories

Good morning everyone ! 

I am so happy to be with you all today. It is no secret that we as family all love to go to Disneyland. 
I am going to be sharing some pocket pages that I created using the new Simple Stories Say Cheese 3 collection. It is simply adorable and if you have Disney photos, or even fun amusement park photos then this one is for you. Check it out in a store near you very soon. I think they are shipping next week. 

Let's get started. Here is a look at the whole spread. 

 
The collection has lots of your typical Disney colors with a little bit of blue thrown in. It was perfect for my photos. 

I didn't necessarily need a title card but I thought that I would use some of these cute die cut pieces from the collection. They are always so fun to play with. 


One of the first things we do when we get to the park is go and pick up some fast passes. I took a photo of this very thing and added a banner on the bottom of the photo. 

The next card I used was this adorable Mickey filler card. I loved the actual Mickey shape and so I embellished it some using a piece of vellum and some more of the bits and pieces. 


Here are a few close ups for you of this left side of my spread. 



Nighttime at Disney is such a magical time. I took this photo of the carousel when the sun was setting and I just love it. 

The whole reason we went down to Disney that particular day was for Patrick's birthday. It is tradition to get the birthday person a birthday pin. I wanted to make light of it so I added the word button to the journaling card next to his photo. I added a clear sticker on top of the word button and I love how it turned out. 


Let's move on to the right side now. 

One of my favorite parts about Disney is the quality and fun time we have as a family. We laugh together. We hold hands together. I love how my kids always reach for my hand as we are walking. And there is a lot of walking that goes on, so therefore lots of hand holding. 


More Disney fun. This particular day we spent lots of time over on the California Adventure side of the park. The rest of the family went on the river run, and California Screamin. I was happily left behind to take the photos. 


When I putting my pages together one of the things I try to do is break up the photos with some white. This time it happened to be cream and I spread out a 4x6 journaling card right in the middle of this page. 

It was the perfect softening piece and I used it to hold some journaling and lots of fun embellishments. 


Last but not least is the food at Disney. Oh my. Lots of good food. This particular day Katelyn and I think Patrick got turkey legs for dinner. Isn't that cute turkey leg the cutest thing ! I knew I had to use it with this photo. 


Well that wraps up my Disney pages for today. Thank you all so much for coming to the blog today. I hope that you might have found some inspiration. 

I did film a process video for this one and will get it up shortly to my channel. 

No comments: