Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Project Life Insert | Color Cast Designs

Hello Everyone and welcome to the blog today.

I am going to be sharing an insert with you today. This insert will go right in the middle of week 6 and I am totally okay with that. Sometimes I am not a fan of adding inserts in the middle of a spread because I've worked so hard on making sure that your spread all matches and is cohesive. But I am trying to move on and just roll with it.

Okay, let's get started. This insert is all about Katelyn's Robotics Competition that happened that weekend. She has been looking forward to this for a long time and so was I.

Here is what the front side looks like.


Whenever I add in an insert I will usually use this design G page protector from Becky Higgins.
It is 10x12 and it is large enough to get a good amount of photos without having to do a full page.


This title card was super fun to put together. I started with this pink Weekend acrylic piece from Color Cast Designs. This one is from the February release and you can find it in her shop HERE.

I knew that I wanted to add the word weekend over and over again somehow on this card. I played around with a bunch of different ideas in photoshop. I ended up going with repeating the word weekend along the bottom of the big Weekend piece. I added that fun wheel along with a few other embellishments.


The color scheme for this insert was this nice blue color, and this darker pink color. I picked out this nice circle blue patterened paper and added a smaller photo to the top. This photo is of Katelyn when she and her teammate were in the ring with their robot. Speaking of Robots the photo next to is of their robot named Nikki. Isn't she just the cutest thing ever ! The girls were super proud of their accomplishments and had a great day.


This photo I kind of had to beg and plead. I pulled her and Nikki over to a white wall at the school and I said " Just stand still so I can get a photo. " " You will thank me later."

I added that gold EPIC word onto the photo using my stapler.


During some downtime in between rounds Katelyn and I went in the back of the school and she spent some time playing around and practicing with her robot. I bent down and snapped this photo.


This is the last card on the front side that I want to show you. This card was inspired by the circle chipboard piece that says Top Five. I thought it would be fun to ask Katelyn what her top five moments were. I had such a hard time finding a 4x6 card for this insert but went with this one that has some faux stitching on the side. I added some fun embellishments in a cluster towards the top. The robot was something I found for free online and printed  him out on some vellum. I added a brad to keep him on the card.


Let's move on to the back side of the insert.


This side has a few more photo and lots of words.


This first journaling card is talking about Balance. One of the ways to score points is to get both of the teams robots onto the ramp and to have it balanced. You get 25 points for it and so it is a HUGE deal. I used this gold Balance word and a pop of pink on this card.


This was another photo of when we were passing the time in our downtime. Katelyn thought is was so funny to make her robot grab the Pringles in her hands and bring them to me. I added a digital stamp and then added a cork piece underneath.


I had lots to say so I added this 4x6 journaling card. I needed something with a lot of white space for my story and this one was perfect with its red/pink arrows on the bottom.


There was a lot of orange in the photos so I decided to add some in on this card. I added a word strip on the top and then that circle geotag on the bottom. I wanted to spell out robotics on the bottom of the card and then I added the word competition to the label that I tucked underneath some of the letters.


Here is one last look at the back side of my insert. The bottom photo is of the ring where the two teams would compete. Katelyn is driving.


That is it for me today. Thanks for coming everyone. I do have a Youtube process video for this one if your interested. You can find it here. Have a great day.

Here is the link to the video.

No comments: