Saturday, April 8, 2017

Project Life Week 8 | Color Cast Designs

Hi everyone !

I am beyond excited to be sharing another PL week with you all today. I have week 8 for you today.
I started with the end in mind. Meaning I knew that I wanted to use the Days of the Week wood veneer pieces from Color Cast Designs. You'll see what I do with them as we go.


My title card looks like this.

I started out using this green acrylic piece. This piece is also included in the same pack as the days of the week pieces. I added my dates using my printer and also added that big number 8. The number eight was part of the numbers story kit. I felt that it needed a pop of color so I added some pink paper.


I really wanted to try and stay fairly simple for this spread. You can see most of the Monday wood piece that I added to the photo on the top right. I wanted to spread out those pieces amongst the photos and journaling cards.


Here is a better look.


On Tuesday I took the kids to get tacos at Del Taco because I was not feeling well and we wanted tacos. I added that circle embellishment to the photo and used my typewriter to add some words on to it.


I added this taco stamp from Kelly Purkey onto this journaling card and added the Tuesday wood piece underneath.


This next journaling card tells the story of Noah accidentally swallowing a penny. Yes, I am not going to go into details but just know that he is perfectly fine and I snapped a photo of him holding a penny to remember.


The color scheme for this spread is a pop of red, pink, and green. I used some red letters to spell out Penny. I am pretty sure that all of these journaling cards and supplies are from my Studio Calico Documenter kits. If you have any questions about anything please ask in the comments.


Let's move on to the other side. Thursdays photo ended up being this tractor that caused a traffic jam while we were driving home. I asked Maddie to get a photo of it because you know me and tractors. I love them and it is quite common to see them around our town. I added some simple journaling to the photo and then added the Thursday piece on top.


This journaling card with the flowers on it talks about the Father Daughter dance that was on Friday night. The photo next to is of Maddie and I doing her hair before the dance. I added a label stamp to the photo and then added the Friday piece and a heart. This right side did not have any real red colors in the photos and so I wanted to keep the red color theme onto the right side as well. I added pops of red here and there using my embellishments.


The next two journaling cards talk about Patrick working on Katelyn's bed until very late on Saturday. He finished putting it together in her room and she was so excited.


I added the letters PM to remember that it was a late night Friday.


That photo of him screwing her bed together I turned black and white and I love how it turned out. I added some octagon stickers and that Saturday piece.


Here is one last look at this right side. I had the kids take a photo of me when we went to the park on day. I added a stamp and then added that red geotag to the top.


I am so happy with how this one came together. Thanks for coming everyone.

I do have a Youtube Process Video over on my channel for this week. You can check it out here on my channel.

Have a great day everyone !

No comments: