Sunday, July 24, 2011

a week in the life



 Have you ever thought about what a week in your life looks like. The daily routine, maybe a weekly ritual, a weekend hangout, and/or the little details about your everyday life. Many of you may be already familiar with the event/documentary project that is done by Ali Edwards. Many of you may have taken on the challenge yourself, or maybe attempted it. I have done it twice and both books are very different and dear to my heart. For those of you who don't know, a little background. It is a project/scrapbook about each day, each hour, of your day. It's having your camera around you at all times to capture the every day moments. It's journaling hour by hour of your day. It's all about capturing the otherwise forgotten part of your day. The funny things that your kids say, the bedtime rituals, the weekend events. The ups and downs of your day.  The end result is a book that is unforgettable, and will forever be cherished.



Ali Edwards is starting this event tomorrow and you can follow her at aliedwards.com and to get more information. Since I am leaving for Utah tomorrow I am not going to participate next week but in two weeks when I am back and can capture what a normal week is for us. And I can't wait !! I love this project, it is a lot of work. It also takes time to jot down everything about your day, but it is worth it and I can't wait to share it with you as well. I looked through some of the pages from last years book and loved reliving those moments.  Each day I started with a cover page with a big picture on it. The page next to it had the journaling from that day. The middle pages were filled with extra pictures from throughout the day. Here are two of my collage picture pages from last year :

Thursday extra pictures :


Saturday extra pictures :



I am so glad that I have this book to look back on and to remember the everyday happenings for which otherwise would have been forgotten.  

Anyone else doing it this year?

No comments: