Sunday, July 27, 2014

Simple Stories Road Trip Layout

Why hello there !

How is everyone ?

I'm so sorry that it has been so long in between blog posts.

This summer has been jam packed with road trip, plane trips, more road trips, lots of home projects, swim days( we bought a big pool), ect. I can't believe how time has flown by this summer. We only have 3 more weeks left and then my kids head back to school. EEEKKK. Summer, please slow down.

I did want to pop in and quickly share a project with you that I did for Simple Stories. I used their "Good Day Sunshine" collection, that is full of wonderful, fun, bright colors.

Here is a look at both pages


Left Side.

I used a photo for my title card and added this brush.  I also added where we went and the date. 


 I had fun with some of the journaling cards on this layout. I added the great ampersand to the top, adding some fun text to the bottom.

For this particular layout I wanted to use all of our photos from our 2 day road trip down to Paso Robles and the Beach. Patrick was working the first day and I wanted to highlight the 2 reasons we were all there. Work and Play. 


I decided to get out the kids watercolors and made my own journaling card. 


Right Side. 


This flip flop card from Simple Stories is one of my favorites. Here in California we wear flip flops almost year round so it was perfect. 

The second card is part of the SN@P cuts that I added patterned paper to the back. I added a few simple embellishments to it. 


Here are a few close ups. 


I wanted to add something fun to this photo. I started with a vellum tag and then added some washi tape, the fun arrow and word from Simple Stories.


I knew I wanted to fold over this great chevron striped card and put some journaling underneath. The backside of the card wasn't what I wanted to show. So I added another card to the backside with some adhesive so that the color I wanted to see was on the backside of the wood grained chevron card. 


That is it for this layout. I have been slowly working on my 2014 PL and have several layouts to share soon. I am hoping once school starts that things will slow down and I can post more regularly. 

I hope everyone has a great rest of their summer. Take care. 

Until next time. 

2 comments:

Liz M. said...

Well, where do I start... love the pic of them all trouping down the sidewalk... the three kids on the beach is great and frame-worthy .. and the paper folded back on itself is so clever! Just love your attention to detail :)

Mindi said...

Thank you so much Liz !! It means a lot.