Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Simple Stories Sweater Weather

Hello everyone !

How is everyone ? Did you take your kids to their first day of school yet ? I just have to say that I am loving my kid free time !! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and I miss them when they are gone. But I am actually crossing stuff off my to do list !! Anyways, lets move on to more fun topics. 

I have been working on this post for days now and finally had a few minutes to finish it up. I had the opportunity to make this layout for the Simple Stories blog last month. I used the brand new collection called Sweater Weather and it features all things FALL. Beautiful fall colors, lots of fun embellishments, makes for lots of fun possibilities.

I do have to be quick today with my post. But I did want to share this layout with you. 

Here is a look at both pages.


Left Side.


I cut some of the amazing wood grained paper to use as my title card. I kept it simple by adding a few embellishments here and there.


I used the chipboard word "Fall" and doodled around it to make it pop. I also choose some of the words to highlight by turning them orange. Always a fun thing to do.



I think this one is my favorite. Where we live, Fall comes really late, which means the trees don't start turning colors till late either. I printed out this photo of the leaves and added a sheet of vellum on top. I wanted to make sure you could see the photo so I cut out a 3 inch circle and doodled around the circle. 


Right Side.


This particular week it actually rained. Real rain !! I captured Noah playing outside in the backyard with his umbrella. I simply added a photo strip to the bottom of this 4x6 card, finishing it off with some smaller embellishments.


This one was fun. I printed my journaling on to some vellum, added my embellishments and called it done.


I wanted to include some little tidbits about fall for this layout.


A journaling card I did about Noah playing in the rain.


Again, this collection is called Sweater Weather from Simple Stories. You can check out their website and here is a link for the blog post I shared with them. Simple Stories blog

Thanks for coming everyone ! I really apologize about the long delay. Hopefully with school back in session I can get caught up with some layouts. I also have 3 or 4 layouts done that just need to be shared !

Until next time. Take care everyone.


2 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

Hi Mindi, I'm a long-time reader of your blog (sorry, I've never commented before) who just adores your style! Your project life pages are always an inspiration. Do you have an email address where I could contact you?

Mindi said...

Amy,

Thanks for your kind comment !! It made my day. I have added a contact form to the top of the blog and you can email me that way ! I hope that helps.