Monday, April 18, 2016

Project Life Week 11 | Simple Stories Carpe Diem


Happy Monday everyone ! I wanted to share with you my Project Life Week 11 spread today. For this week I created some pages for a Simple Stories Creative Team assignment. I used the Simple Stories line called Carpe Diem. The colors are seriously my current favorites.

Okay let's get to it, it's going to be a short post today. Here is a look at both of the pages.


I loved this 4x6 card that has a great quote on it. I decided to use it as my title card. It was already embellished with those patterned paper circles around the bottom so I only added one sticker, a few enamel dots and I stamped on the dates.


This journaling card came together rather well. I added the chipboard frame at the top to frame in my saying. Down below there is a quote from Maddie when they were blowing bubbles. I wanted the quote itself to stand out and so I left some space around it and put some small embellishments separating the two journaling spaces. The photo next to it is what these two can be found doing all afternoon most days.


I really loved this flower 3x4 card but I knew that if I printed my journaling right onto the card it might not show up well. So I printed out journaling strips and it worked out perfectly. I need to remember that I can do this with any busier card that otherwise I wouldn't use.

My lavender plants are blooming right now and I added in a photo of them with a few fun embellishments.


For the past couple of years I have been buying myself some Spring Flowers. I love tulips, they are my favorite and so of course I had to document that.

This week was kind of hectic and I added in a little pep talk onto my photo underneath those letters stickers.


The bottom left picture is of Maddie blowing bubbles. I really was happy to capture this moment. Someday soon I know that the kids won't want to blow bubbles anymore ! The bottom right card is all about celebrating PI day. Every year it is tradition to eat pizza and pie for dinner.


Let's move on to the right side now. This side is more of a busy side. Lots of busier photos and so I tried to not go to crazy with the embellishments. But you know me and I love to play around with all the pretty stuff. Lol. Let's see, this side is about a lunch date I had with Patrick, St. Patrick's day, Spring Break kick off at Target, and a trip down to the American Girl Doll store.


A closer look at some of the right side. The top left corner picture is a lunch date for some delicious Indian food. Yumm.


We really try to go out once a week or so and meet for lunch. Today we ate an Indian buffet with ordering garlic naan and mango lasses. In my album I added some journaling and a few stickers.


Maddie was willing to pose for me for a St. Patrick's day photo. Love her.


I really loved this coral heart card.  I added a clear smaller heart and a sticker to finish it off. Next to it is a photo of Katelyn eating lunch at the American Girl Store cafe. Both of the girls took their animals instead of dolls. It was super fun !


The last close up I want to show you is this fun 4x6 journaling card. I seriously loved all the circles on it and thought it would make a fun journaling card. And it also tied in to the title card on the other side. I added a variety of stickers, chipboard pieces, and the word love from the Bits and Pieces pack. The journaling talks about our girls trip down to Hollywood to celebrate a friends birthday.


Thanks for coming everyone ! I am sorry it took me so long to get this post up. Last week was super rough for us and I had to take time elsewhere and be with my family. I am hoping that things settle down now and I can share more on the blog.

I do have a post coming tomorrow. I have completed week 14 using the April releases from Kellie Stamps so stay tuned for that.

3 comments:

Mindi said...

Thank you so much both of you ! You have made my day !

Debbie P said...

I don't comment much, but I do follow your blog. Today I just had to take a second to tell you that you do fabulous work! I want to get into Pocket Pages/Project Life, and I find your pages so inspiring! Keep up the great work! I love your style and your photos are also always amazing!

Mindi said...

Oh wow, thank you so much Debbie ! Thank you for being a follower as well, it means the world to me. I'm so glad to hear that your going to be doing some pocket pages. As you know I'm a big fan ! Thanks again and it's comments like this that keep me going and keep me blogging ! Take care.