Friday, April 1, 2016

Project Life Week 2

Hello everyone. I am here with you today and am going to share with you today my Project Life Week 2.

I am going to try and make a conscious effort to share more here on the blog.

Most of the journaling cards used for this spread came from misc. Studio Calico kits. I am still subscribing to their documenters kits and still love them.


Week 2 included lots of fun stories and events. The green, pink, red, color scheme mainly came from the journaling cards. I started with them and then went on from there. Usually I start with the photos and then match the colors in the photos with the journaling cards. Remember there are is no right or wrong way to do this. The photos have a wide variety of colors in them but there is a hint of the color scheme mixed in.


The title card is pretty basic this time around. I started out with a white lined journaling card and added the week # brush from One Little Bird. I added the clear arrow transparency from the Heidi Swapp value kit to add in a little green. As 2016 has progressed I have used the date stamp for my title card quite a few times, its an easy and fast way to add the dates for the title card without having to print them through my printer.


This fun gold foiled camera card is from the SC kit and tells the small story of Maddie bringing leafs from school home from me.

The #14 is a symbol of our 14 Wedding Anniversary that happened this week. I had one of the kids take the photo so we could both be in the photo, well our hands anyways. It was a fun and different way to photograph our special day.


I added a digital brush from the Becky Higgins Cobalt kit. It was the perfect saying to go along with my photo.


I chose this card because it went well with the other 4x6 card on the other side of the spread. The colors were the same and there is a hint of gold foil. I printed out a smaller photo so that there was room on the card for my journaling.


We ended up eating at In and Out for dinner to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. Things seemed to keep coming up and I was super grateful to go out at all. I snapped a photo of our dinner and added the MON embellishment in the middle.


Creating Week 1.


Here is a look at the right side. I really loved this filler journaling card and used it this week. This week it seemed that the kids were always having light saber fights and so I got a few photos.

The pink card has a funny quote from Maddie about going to the dark side !



It is hard to see in the photo but Katelyn is listening to music with her headphones. This and only this is what she wants to do 24 hrs a day. I am glad that I was able to snap a photo of her.


I remember on Friday the weather was so nice that I caught myself outside sweeping the porch and wanting to do some yard work. Crazy right ?!! Yard work in January ?!! The brush is from Ali Edwards, an older set I believe.


This card was super fun and I decided to add in the dates under the yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I used a stamp set from the SC kit to stamp the numbers. I also added a small stamp on the right because I felt like it needed a little something. These types of cards are perfect to document those daily tidbits.

Well that is it for me today. That wraps up week 2. Next up is a spread I did for Simple Stories and then Week 4, which is one of my favorites this year.

Thanks for coming everyone.


No comments: