Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Week 35 | Cocoa Daisy Guest Designer

Happy November everyone !

I for one am so thankful that November is here. I always look forward to this time of year. The weather is amazing and family will be joining us for the Holidays. It is also a time to reflect on all that I am thankful for.

Today I want to share with you some great news ! I have been asked to be the guest designer over at Cocoa Daisy ! Isn't that amazing ! I was so happy to be asked and have loved working with their kits. I received both the Scrapbook and the Day In The Life kit from them. The kit for November is called Sprinkles and is full of lots of pretty things. Including lots of donuts, cupcakes, pretty colors, and more. You will see products from both of those kits being used in these pages. Make sure you go check out their kits.

Here is what the whole spread looks like.


The colors in this kit are by far my favorite. The blues, yellows, and pinks, with a hint of read makes it so pretty don't you think ? Here is the left side of week 35.


I decided to make my own title card for this week. I wanted to use that pretty aqua color paper and at first I had a whole 4x6 piece of it. It was to much blue so I trimmed it down and added those Amy Tangerine chipboard words on top.


You know those great quotes you sometimes see on Instagram or Facebook. I like to take screenshots of them to save and work into my PL spreads. There was a great one that I took during week 35. It paired perfectly with the pink cupcake card from the DITL kit.


I took this photo of our backyard neighbors palm trees during week 35. I wanted to remember that I love how I can see them when I am outside, or even from inside the house. I love them and it makes me think I am at the beach. I added some of the sequins to the photo.


Katelyn came home one day from school with her Saxophone. They had their first band meeting and got to take home their instruments. Yay !!


I used that gorgeous white card for my journaling card about Katelyn and her being a band kid now. The photo next to it is of us going to workout on Saturday.


This week was the first real week of homework. I snapped a photo of Katelyn sitting at the table. This is a daily scene now and I love it. All the kids will sit together at the kitchen table or the counter and do their homework.


I added in that pretty pink and yellow card to tie in some more pink and yellow to the right side of the spread.


In the kit there are a few fun flair pieces. I loved using it on that yellow card. It was perfect.


Noah brought home his journal from school one day. I loved looking through it and to see how he has improved his writing skills.  I added the N and a word strip underneath.


Here is what the right side looks like.


On Wednesday we had another Wednesday Adventure. This time we invited some friends to go to the spray park with the big bucket. It was the last week that the water was on so I wanted to make sure we went. I added an Ali Edwards brush on the photo.


I had a few more fun photos from the spray park so I added them onto this 3x4 card. 


Football season started that week and we took a family bike ride.


I picked up these cute Utah finger cheer things over the summer while I was in UT. I snapped a photo the day that the season started.

On the bottom of my journaling card I love to add little clusters of embellishments. I think it adds that little something extra.


I knew that I needed to add in some more color over on this right side. I went with some patterned paper and a 4x4 photo. I added a sticker to the photo on top of my journaling and finished it off with this cute bike.


Here is closer look at the top corner of the right side.


I loooved this cute kraft card. I decided to use it to hold my journaling about our Wednesday Adventure. I added a few different embellishments here and there making sure not to overwhelm the card with to many things.


Well folks, that's it for me today. Thank you for coming and I hope you have found some inspiration. I loved working with the Cocoa Daisy kit and look for more spreads coming soon.

No comments: