Sunday, November 13, 2016

Project Life Week 40 | Drive Story Kit

Hello there !

I am back with you today sharing week 40. This week was the first week in October. I went ahead and used some of my Drive Story kit from Ali Edwards. I have more plans to use up my Drive kit later for some summer kits. So let's get started shall we.


The colors in this kit went really well with this weeks photos. I do try and match up my cards and embellishments up with my photos. I love it when they both coordinate ! Here is a look of the left side.


This title card was what sold me on using the Drive kit. The colors matched perfectly with my photos and I loved the card. I added the rubber banner and a half a circle with the star.


It just so happened that this week I had taken photos that went along with the Drive theme. One morning we woke up and went to get cereal for breakfast. Come to find out even though I had gone to the store the night before I had forgotten the milk. Mom Fail ! So off we went through the McDonald's Drive thru for breakfast. I used the " Drive " brush from the digital brush set and added some small white letters on the bottom to spell out Thru.

The first journaling card talks about how I am always driving to the school. I used one of those fun journal prompt rectangle pieces on the journaling card.


Here is a closer look at some of the left side. I snapped a photo of my scrap desk that week and I added a small 2x2 photo onto a journaling card.


I struggled with this card for seemed like forever. It was the last one to be done and it just wasn't coming together. At first I had other cards in this spot and then I spotted this older Story kit card it was perfect. I added a few embellishments and called it done.


This photo has a funny story. I added my journaling onto the photo to save space.


Let's move on the right side now. I made sure I carried over the color scheme to this side as well.


I didn't end up taking a photo of this top left photo for some reason. But I wanted to talk about it. I used the triangle from the digital stamp set and the word details. I changed the color of the Details word using one of the digital cards. I picked a color that I thought that would match the rest of my page well. I chose the color from the journaling card and changed the color of the word. I use this technique all the time to keep all the colors the same.

The photo on the right is a photo of one of the many carrot fields that I drive by almost daily. I love how there is a oil pump jack in the background.


Here is a close up look at these fun journaling/filler cards. I added some embellishments onto a piece of 3x4 transparency so that it created a see through element.


Here is a look at the bottom left side. We went to Home Depot that week to pick up a few flowers and bushes for the yard and my flower pot. And of course we brought home a few pumpkins.


I loved this journaling card. I took this opportunity to write about the agriculture fields that surround us where we live. I added a few embellishments to this card and I love how it turned out.


Week 40 is now complete and in the books. I have to say how I am loving these Story kits and how they have made my story telling and photography grow. I am telling more meaningful/deeper stories and they also inspire me to take some photos as well. If you want to check them out go to Ali Edwards shop for more information.

Have a fabulous rest of the weekend everybody. I hope to be back in a few days with another Project Life spread.


No comments: