Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Week 21

Hi everyone ! I am so happy to be with you on the blog today. I thought it was about time I shared some good old weekly PL. This one is an oldie but a goodie. It turned out fabulous, and is one of my faves. Let's take a look shall we.


I used the September Studio Calico kit for most of this spread. I also followed along with a sketch from the documented workshop. Using the sketch was so fun. The sketch allowed me to follow a light guide but I was able to make it my own.


There was a lot of blues in my photos this week so I used a lot of blues in my journaling cards and embellishments. I also used a bit of red here and there. I added the strip of red washi tape onto the
title card to tie in the bit of red in the pizza.


As I was looking through my journaling cards for this one I came across a card that had the block heart shape. I loved all the colors in it so I decided to cut out the heart and place it on my journaling card. Below the heart I wrote the story about how pizza days came about in our house. The photo next to it is off the kids swimming at the gym pool.


Here are a few close ups.



One of my favorite cards from the Studio Calico kit was this " Love This Place " card. I added the word POOL on the top and love how it turned out. We seemed to always be swimming this week.


Pizza days are awesome. They go something like this. When the day is not going so well, I officially throw in the town and call it a pizza day. I will text Patrick that it is a pizza day and to pick up pizza on his way home. I will call in the order and we have pizza for dinner.


Here is a look at the right side. The bottom big photo is of the kids setting up the tent in the backyard. It was a three day weekend and so they wanted to sleep out in the tent.


A few photos and then a journaling card about sleeping outside. I loved that the card said : Notes from camp. It was perfect. 


This journaling card is a newer one from Paislee Press. I added the dates under Saturday and Sunday in Photoshop. I also added in some journaling about the weekend. Including a great quote from Noah about me keeping his secret that he loves meatloaf. 


Here is a look at the top of the right side. I cut up a journaling card - the yellow weekend part and added onto the photo of Noah in the pool. 


A close up of the embellishments I added to the right side of the photo. 


That is it for week 21. I love how simple yet fun this spread was to put together. I am looking forward to putting some more spreads together using sketches. If you are interested in learning more about the Documenter classes from Studio Calico you can check it out on their website. Each month you get some lessons, videos, and sketches using the monthly kits. 

Thanks for coming everyone. Until next time. 




2 comments:

Nichole said...

I love your spreads! The blues are so nice...

Mindi said...

Thank you so much Nichole !