Monday, February 4, 2013

Digital Product Organization

                  DIGITAL PRODUCTS 

One of the questions that I get asked all the time is how do I store/organize my digital products. By digital products I mean Digital Brushes, Papers, Templates, Journaling cards, ect.

I am not sure that my way is any different than anyone else's.  But I wanted to show you how I have it all organized. By all means, if you any of you have any other ways of organizing, please share !! I am always looking for ways to simply things.

Before I begin I want to start by saying that I have two parts to my organization. The first one is all on the computer, everything organized in their respected files. The first one is what I am going to talk about today. I will share the "physical" part of how I can keep a "visual" tab on some of my digital stuff in another post. 

The first thing that I have done is to put them all in one spot. I have a file labeled "Digital".  It looks like this. I apologize for it being so small. If you click on the photo you can see it better.



In the "Digital" file itself I have broken it down into categories. They are as follows. I will go further into detail on some of them later in the post.

1. Journaling Cards
2. Filler Journaling Cards - These are the quote cards, ect.
3. Disney - Anything to do with Disney.
4. Christmas - I used to keep all the brushes together but whenever I needed to find a Christmas one, I had to go looking through all the Digital Brushes to find them. So I have separated them for easy access. ** This file is all things Christmas. Brushes, Journaling Cards, Templates, ect. **
5. Templates
6. Paper
7. Extra Elements. This one is anything other than brushes. For example - Digital embellishments.
8.Clementine Kit
9. Cobalt Extra Elements
11. Turquoise Journaling Cards
12. Seafoam Kit
13. The word week for my 2013 Title cards
14. Turquoise Extra Elements
15. Digital Brushes
16. Kits

Now let's take a closer look at what is inside some of these files.  I am going to start with The Journaling Cards File.  In the beginning I had them separated in their own file, the ones that came in a set. But that wasn't working out to well because there were so many that I couldn't remember what they all looked like. So I would have to open up all the different files and look through it to find the one that I wanted. I decided to separate them all so that way I could see them all by scrolling up and down. It is working out great !!

Here is what the Journaling Cards File looks like.




All of my cards are now in pretty rows, all visible, all easily accessible with the scroll of my mouse. To achieve this all you need to go through your files and copy all of the cards and paste them into the journaling cards file. And then delete the file that contained the journaling cards. For example, let's say you downloaded some free cards. They would come all in a seperate file with their name on it. Simply go into the that file and copy all the cards in that file. Make sure you don't copy the preview file that comes with most of them. Then go out into the journaling cards file and paste them in there. I hope that makes sense.

This method continues throughout my other files as well. For example, the filler cards. They are all like this for easy access.

The last one I want to show you is my Digital Brushes. Here is what it looks like.  I have chosen to keep them all contained in their own seperate files. If I were to separate these, I don't think that would be the best solution.

** Stay tuned for the next installment of Digital Product Organization to explain what I have done with my digital brushes to make a "physical copy". It will show how you can be able to see them all.



That is all I have to share with you today. If you have any questions about anything please don't hesitate to leave a comment and I will get back with you.

And again, If you have any other ways of organizing your digital files, please share. I would love to hear them.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone !!

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Mind,

Thanks for the tips. I was just thinking that I needed to come up with a better solution for how I organize my digital files. Especially love how you have them all visible. Thanks for taking the time to do this and i look forward to your next installment.

libbywilko said...

Thanks , it was great to see how you organise your digi stash :-)

Daniel said...

Very well written article this helped me in my research thanks for sharing also check Google Products You Can’t Afford to Ignore - funklist