Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Everyone Needs A Day Off

Yesterday I took a day off. A day off from dishes, from cleaning the house, from paying the bills, from the TO DO list, well you get the idea.

Everyone deserves a day off, an escape, a break from LIFE. Yesterday I took one. We packed up the car and made the trek down to Disneyland. The "Happiest Place On Earth." And for the day I got a break. It was delightful. More often times than not I call Disneyland my "Happy place". 

It was just me and the kids this time.  I let them take the lead and they decided where they wanted to go and what they wanted to do.


I took the double stroller with me but with three kids someone was always walking. Noah really enjoyed walking about but could sense the danger of the crowds and preferred to hold my hand. I was in heaven, because I have to force him to hold my hand when we cross the street or the parking lot.  I tried to get some of these type of photos to document my day, to remember these little details.

He also held my hand during the whole Small World ride and Little Mermaid. I will treasure this day for sure. I love this little man so much.


One of the first order of business was to get the girls new "EARS". By that I mean hats. I still can't find Katelyn's old one and Maddie's string came apart last trip. So even before we hit the rides we went hat shopping. These were the winners.  These two girls went around all day with their new hats on saying that they were princesses. So fun.



Learned some lessons while we were there. Taking turns being in front(of the line). Turns being in the back (of the stroller). These were not easy lessons. Threats were made to take all of them home early in the day, thankfully things got better and all the kids were great the rest of the day. Also learned another lesson the really hard way. Take the time to snap a pic with your phone of where you are parked in the parking lot or pay the price !! Ha Ha ! Lesson learned.


There was one lesson that was learned that had to do with a bow and arrow. We were fortunate enough to meet Merida from the Disney movie Brave that is coming out soon.


After we had an introduction the kids got to have a very quick archery lesson.  Katelyn was so excited and after asked if we could buy a bow and arrow.  Notice Katelyn's eyes are closed !! I think she will need to work on that ! Ha Ha.



On the way out and bought me a little souvenir for my van. Oh yeah, I have been so busy that I haven't told you that I bought a minivan !! Yes, maybe I can get a few pics and show you. But this little souvenir is now going to be a constant reminder of our trips to Disneyland.


That is all I have time for today. Reality is calling, by way of the toddler crying out from his time out chair asking if he is done !

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh how I wish we still lived close enough to Disneyland to drive there for a day off! Well okay, so five hours away is a bit far for the day, but we were certainly go a lot more often then the two times we've taken the kids to Disney World. I miss the small intimate feel of Disneyland. We went a couple of months ago and got all the princesses, guess we'll have a new one to add for next time!