Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Project Life Week 10

I know, I know, I am so far behind !! Please don't remind me. But it is okay and I am not going to stress about it. Life has been way to crazy to do any catching up. We have been traveling, had a wonderful house guest (My mother), trying to do some spring cleaning, putting in two grow boxes for the garden, ect, ect.

We have no near future travel plans, no MAJOR projects coming up, and no crazyness up ahead and I am hoping to carve in some PL time soon.

I did finish Week 10 yesterday and want to share it with you all.

HERE IS THE FIRST PAGE :


THE TITLE CARD :

I decided to embellish this weeks title card. Doily is from Martha Stewart. The yellow circle from Jillibean Soup, the scalloped sticker from Crate Paper Storytellers. Yellow AC Thickers. 


THE PICTURES :

We had a multiple birthday celebration this week and my mom brought down a cake from our favorite bakery back home. 

I used part of a journaling card for some extra journaling on the picture. The little wood stars are from Studio Calico.


I used this freebie journaling card and cut the top part off. Changed the size to be 4x6, reduced the opacity so it would be see through. Then added the photo underneath the photo journaling card. Added the word everday from Ali Edwards from here.


THE JOURNALING CARDS:

LEFT CARD: The word family is from Ali Edwards Family Hand Drawn Word Art. The squiggly  line on the bottom if from the Cobalt Extra Embellishments pack, changed the color to match the Clementine Collection. 

RIGHT CARD : Iphone photo.

Banner from the Clementine Extra Embellishments Pack.


LEFT CARD : Yellow AC Thickers. October Afternoon blue letters. The journaling goes with the two pictures of Maddie and Grandpa swinging at the park.

RIGHT CARD : Used this day of the week journaling card overlay. Washi tape. Wood banner from My Minds Eye.


THE SECOND PAGE : 


THE PICTURES :

Used this brush. 

Grandpa and the girls cleaned his car.  


Scalloped tag from Jillibean Soup. Butterfly from Studio Calico. Letters from Basic Grey.


Washi tape. Heidi Swap word.


THE JOURNALING CARDS:

LEFT CARD: Hambley Studios camera transparency.  Printed out this Ali Edwards Photo Love circle and cut it out. 


LEFT CARD : Used this adorable freebie journaling card from A Vegas Gril At Heart. The colors already match the Clementine colors !! And she has one for the Cobalt collection as well !! Isn't it cute !

RIGHT CARD : Date night with my husband. Went out to dinner and then got ice cream at the local ice cream shop. Took a flyer they had and cut out their logo. The little people are from Studio Calico.


That about covers Week 10. Lots of fun stuff that happened. Stay tuned for more PL layouts, hopefully I can get some more done soon.  Until next time.

5 comments:

Shayne said...

Gorgeous!

i also decided to embellish my week 17 (just finished not blogged yet) into card - think i'm going to do it more often as it really adds to the week. Have also realised that there is no way i'm to have enough cards so have been using my scrap paper - loving the difference it adds to my weeks.

Sounds like you had a awesome week 10 with family - isn't that what documenting PL is all about :)

Unknown said...

Another fabulous layout and worth the wait. I hope that you are able to carve in some scrap time, us mom's need that. Good luck, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Eileen said...

Beautiful as always! Love to check on your project life pages:) Was wondering what kind of washi tape did you use? Is washi the brand or some other? I'm new to this decorative tape stuff and realized I'm loving the look!

Thanks in advance!

Eileen

Mindi said...

Shayne - I love documenting family in PL !!

Toni - I am trying to plan in some PL time in my everyday, even though there are things left to do !!

Eileen - You might already know this but Washi tape is a type of tape. So all that sort of tape is called Washi tape. It is really, really popular right now and so all the scrapbooking companies are making their own. Like they make their own stickers, rubons, ect. I have a variety of washi tapes. Some from Hambly Prints, and some from my Studio Calico kit. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions or want to know what brand a certain color is.

Liz Snowden said...

I am SO happy to see I am not the only one who has fallen behind! I am stuck on week 14...thinking about just skipping to 15!? Love your pages!
-Liz