Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Project Life Week 20

Another week in the books. And I am so thrilled to be spending some time on my PL album again. Yeah !!

Not a lot of photos to choose from this week so I decided to choose a few from two main events and added a few others into the mix. Turned out great. And it is always alright to mix and match photos in your week. Or even fill the week up with photos from one specific event. Anything goes with this project and that is what I love about it !!

HERE IS THE FIRST PAGE :


THE PICTURES :

The girls dug out a mud pit in the backyard. Used Ali Edwards new arrow brushes ( love these). You can find them HERE. On the arrow brush I changed the color of the top two to white just to add some flair. The word outside is from HERE. When I was purging my scrapbooking supplies this past week I found lots of stuff that I wanted to save and use. And the little chipboard accent was one of them. It is an oldy but it worked perfectly on this picture. 


Pink letters are from Fancy Pants Beach Babe.


THE JOURNALING CARDS :

LEFT SIDE : Dirt letters from AC Thickers Cork. The orange tag is from October Afternoon.
RIGHT SIDE :  MY 2 MUD MONSTERS. Brush from HERE.


LEFT SIDE :  Patrick received his business cards this week. Arrow from Studio Calico. Letters from Basic Grey.

RIGHT SIDE : Found a pic from online of Diablo 3 and printed it. Orange letters are from my studio Calico kit. Heart from Studio Calico.

Patrick really is not a gamer. But wanted to get this game. So he purchased it the day it came out, staying up way to late trying to play it or download it (not sure which). I guess the host site or something crashed because of the mass of people trying to play it. Please forgive me on all the lingo, I don't know the first thing about all of that stuff.


THE SECOND PAGE :


THE PICTURES :

In bloom. Doilie from Martha Stewart. Butterfly and banner from October Afternoon Flower Packs. I love all the little tiny treasures that come in those packs. 


Orange letters from Studio Calico. Freebie brush from  HERE. 
Erased the top word off the brush and added the letters.

Used an overlay from Basic Grey. Added some journaling on the side.


Arrows from HERE.


THE JOURNALING CARDS :

LEFT SIDE : Used THIS cute freebie from Valerie Brown. Changed the colors and added the star. Great for week in reviews, trips, ect.

RIGHT SIDE : Picture of how dark it was the night of the Solar Eclipse. 


LEFT SIDE :

Used this daily overlay. Really tried to find the link for these but was unable. I know I bought it from the Lily Pad. I resized it to make room for my journaling on the bottom. Also resized my instagram shot and printed it all out on a blank 3x4 journaling card. I then added the letters to spell out crop.
RIGHT SIDE : I took a clear vellum tag and punched a hole in the middle. Punched some Clementine Patterned paper and put it underneath.  Added my lettering and star. Stars are from Studio Calico.


That is it for Week 20. Moving right along. I hope to have another week finished up here in the next 2 days. I am going to be kid free tomorrow and friday morning so I am going to be camped out in my scrap room !! Yeah !! I will share when I get it done. Take care now.


2 comments:

helen said...

I love your PL pages...they're so inspiring! I was wondering what font/fonts you use to add the journaling onto your pictures. Always look forward to your posts!

Mindi said...

Helen -

Thank you for your kind comments ! The font that I mainly use for my journaling and on my pictures is called Courier New. I used it for the journaling on the "BRAVE" photo but the other two (I'm pretty sure) I used Gill Sans Ultra Bold. I hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else.