Sunday, October 7, 2012

Our Disneyland Adventure

We are now back from our vacation and I'm kind of sad about it. I really love being on vacation, who doesn't right ! No laundry, no cooking, no cleaning, ect. We had a great time while we were down there, as we always do.

I wanted to share a few photos and write down some tidbits for future use.

The first thing we did was head straight over to Cars Land.


Typically the weather in Anaheim is rather pleasant. Last year at this time we went down for a visit and we had rain and 60 degree weather. We were not so fortunate this year. The first two days hit the 100's !!! Not ideal for running around, standing in line, outdoors. But we made the most of it, sweating as we went. The first purchase we made was this fun "Toy" as Noah kept calling it.

A fan and spray bottle in one. It won the "most valuable purchase" award. It was a lifesaver.


Here are a few pictures of the sights of Cars Land, based on the movie "Cars".

Red the Fire Truck from the movie


Ornament Valley


McQueen - He even drove down the street, talks, and moves his eyes. Noah was so impressed he was star struck !! He didn't know what to think.


Night lighting


More Neon


The racers sign all light up. I thought it was neat that you could see what time it was at night and what the wait time was.


Flo's sign in the daytime.


There is part of the outskirts of Radiator Springs in the background.


Mater - The crowd favorite.  I have to say that he was soooo cute. !! Katelyn even thought so, trying to give him a hug !!


Radiator Springs sign. Note the population number. They had to add the number 2 to the 11 to make it 12 for the addition of McQueen. The kids even picked up on that.


There were 3 new rides in Cars Land. Luigi's flying tires, Tow Maters junkyard Jamboree, (Which was the absolute favorite)and then Radiator Springs Racers.(Which was a very close second) Personally I thought it was awesome !!

Here is Noah and Patrick on the Tractors.


The girls and I in the red racer car.  They go really fast.


Top of the hill.


These two were almost always together.  Most of the time he seemed to need 1 on 1 attention to make it through the day. Cause Disneyland can sometimes be an overwhelming place for a 3 year old.



The last day of our trip, Noah was having so much fun that he ran out of juice !! A nap was definitely in order. He slept through the whole park noise, on the move, and slept for 3 hours.


This trip was really nice. There was no rush to get it all in, since we have been on everything already. We took it easy, just going where we wanted. Letting the kids decide a lot of the time. 

We also bought the kids autograph books. They have been begging for them each time we went. So we went around to all the characters and got lots of autographs.


Here is all of us and Minnie enjoying some make believe tea.  By the third day of sweating and eveyones hair being a mess (stressing about it too much) I decided to just give up and put my hair in a ponytail. No regrets people. I really didn't care at that point what I looked like.


Here is one of the kids favorite rides. Kind of a surprise because it is a little baby roller coaster, but still a roller coaster. I was so shocked when I was taking their picture to find Katelyn right up front and Noah behind her. It was perfect for the photo. Although I desperately need to take a photography class. I can't take half way decent pictures with moving targets, although come to think of it, I sometimes I can't take half way decent pictures of targets when they are sitting still !! Some day, some day I tell myself !!


Sorry for such a long post today. I hope you didn't get to bored of my Disney post and didn't give up before you got here !! But I guess if you did, you wouldn't be reading this ! Oh dear, it is late and I need to get some rest. To much fun in the sun for me.

P.S. I have my next week of PL done. I just need to photograph it and post it. So look for that in the next day or two !! Yeah ! Hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to face Monday. Because it is upon us and will be here before we know it. I am not a fan of Mondays, at all.

4 comments:

Jen said...

We are headed to Disneyland next month for my youngest's 3rd birthday. He will love Cars Land! We are actually staying at the hotel you recommended in a post from a previous trip (on your recommendation!) One set of grandparents is flying down from Seattle with us, and aunt and uncle are driving down from Sacramento to meet us. Thanks for the pics from the new land - added to our excitement!

Mindi said...

Jen -

You are going to love Cars Land. And I'm sure your little guy will to. Tell him Happy Birthday for me. I hope you like the hotel. Just a little heads up on the place. You might already know, but they don't serve dinner anymore. (We found out last week). Also no welcome basket. But still the same great breakfast, punch,cookies,fruit in the lobby, pretty quiet,and directly across the street from the park. Did you mention you were celebrating a birthday ? They might still do things for that. Not sure. I hope that helps. And have a great trip.

Jen said...

I don't recall anything about dinner, so I wasn't counting on that. Too bad they are cutting back some of the fun things though. We did tell them about the two birthdays (father and son share) months ago, but planned to call again, as we are really hoping for adjoining rooms with grandparents. Thanks for the tips! Oh, any tips for World of Color? Just get a fast pass ASAP in the morning?

Mindi said...

Jen -
I wish I could be of help when it comes to tips on Worlds of Color. But I can honestly say that we have never been. It has always been too late for my littlest one. I am a big advocate of getting them sleep, because a grump kid is no fun. Especially on vacation. I have heard that the only way to get in is to get a fast pass first thing in the morning. Sorry I could be more help. One of these days we will make it.