Friday, March 7, 2014

Pagemaps and Simple Stories Team Up

Hello everyone ! 

I am real sorry I have been MIA lately. To make up for that I have a few fun blog posts to share in the next week.

I wanted to pop in today and share another Simple Stories assignment.

I was honored to participate in a team up with Pagemaps and Simple Stories for March. I have always been a BIG fan of sketches, and Pagemaps are AWESOME. From the beginning of my scrapbooking life/journey. It is always easier to have a starting point for me, then I can go from there.

Here is the sketch that I was given to work with.

You can find all the March 2014 Sketches and the wonderful work all of the Pagemaps and Simple Stories Design Teams have done RIGHT HERE.



And here is what I did with it.  I chose to use these photos from our beach day last year. The photos and the Summer line were simple made for each other. It was great to work with.



The title card was so fun to do. I started out with the yellow doilie from the Homespun line and cut out the inside. Then I added some patterned paper to the bottom and cut some of the fun honeycomb patterned paper to the top.  Both were used from the Simple Stories Summer Sn@p set.


To this photo I added one of the 2x2 squares and then on top of that added one of the new words from the DIY line.


I added the 2 smaller photo just like the sketch and embellished with stickers from the Summer line. The today stamp is from the DIY stamp set. On the bottom I added more of that fun honeycomb paper.


This journaling space was sooooo fun to do. I started with a plain journaling card, simply cutting it smaller. Then I wanted to add something to the bottom. The fun wave paper (again from the Summer Sn@p card set) was perfect. I cut out the paper to mimic the waves and added to my journaling card.

The Sn@p Squares and Pieces set is awesome ! The clothes line piece was perfect to add to my journaling card. I added flowers and enamel dots to finish it off.


One last photo to share. This one is of the 4 of them playing games with the waves. They have so much fun, and of course, so do I !

I chose to leave some of the photos plain because I had so much else going on. I wanted the photos to stand out. I did leave the white borders on them though. 


That is it for this post. Stay tuned next week as I will add to this page. I did the other half to finish off our beach day. I have to save it for my Simple Stories blog post.

Also finishing up Week 6 in my 2014 album. Once it's done I will share that as well.

Have a great weekend everybody.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

As always fun, creative and inspiring!!

Shawn

Anonymous said...

Turned out great!