Monday, January 30, 2012

Project Life Week 3

Week Three | January 16-22

This week is more full of words and less pictures. Maybe to many words to tell you the truth. I added a lot of scrappy embellishments this week, to my pictures and such.  There was a lot of "Stuff" that I wanted to include and I got it all in there. So I am happy with the result.

HERE IS THE FIRST PAGE  :


THE PICTURES :

Wii playing has been the obsession this week. Especially Super Mario Bro. And they giggle and chuckle as they play. I love to listen to them. The circle embellishment is from the Clementine Digital Extra Embellishments kit. The word chuckle is from Heidi Swapp, from way back.  Also experimented with my picture being square and having a white border. Might do more of these.


I got so fed up with Noah getting in the pantry all day long that I came up with a way to keep the child proof locks on the doornob, use Duct Tape. So happy now.

The word SERIOUSLY and the squiggly line is from the Cobalt Digital Extra Embellishment kit.


Everyday Life Journaling Prompts Brushes And Stamps.  Cut and moved the words around to work in my space. Star is from Fancy Pants.

Maddie surprised us all when she came out of her room dressed(as she put it), LIKE A ROCK STAR). Patrick had some music one and so she was pretending to be a rock star. She played her air guitar and even sang us a song !!


THE JOURNALING CARDS :

White letters are from American Crafts. Stars from Jenni Bowlin. The yellow sticker and the polka dot sticker are from October Afternoon Farmhouse series. The Stamp is from We R Memory Keepers. Stitching down the side. 


Note from Self is from JilliBean Soup. Used a filler card and then took one of the creme journaling cards for my printed journaling.


Used Cathy Zielske's Tiny Templates for this journaling card space. They are tiny 3x4 photo templates. Just add your photo and journaling and print. Stickers both from October Afternoon.

Ice Cream Sundaes at McDonalds.


The grey banner stamp and the word Favorite are from My Minds Eye Happy Days Stamp set. The yellow diamond is from October Afternoon Flag set. The letter stickers are from October Afternoon.


HERE IS THE SECOND PAGE :


THE PICTURES  :

Scalloped circle and happy banner from October Afternoon Farmhouse series. Mini paper clip from Tim Holtz. The LOVE THIS is from the Cobalt Digital Extra Embellishments kit. 


Embracing The Everyday Brushes And Stamps.  Took Maddie in to the doctors for her hands. Got a prescription cream.


Another picture with a white border. Printed out some of the Clementine Digital Paper and used a punch on the one side. The Hobby sticker is from October Afternoon.

My First Design Team Assignment.


We were SOOOO close to going to the SUPER BOWL !! Still don't want to talk about it. Have been a 49ers fan for a very long time and especially now. Because their Quarterback is Alex Smith. He played for our hometown University of Utah Utes and took us to the Fiesta Bowl and busted our team into the BSC. Here's hoping for next year !!

Used a 4x6 free template from Paisley Press. Go here to dowload the free template. 


THE JOURNALING CARDS :

This journaling card was kind of WEEK IN REVIEW card for this week.

For this card I started out with a journaling card that came in the core kit. Printed off a strip of the Clementine Paper because I wanted to get some of the pink color on this card. Added the butterfly sticker from October Afternoon Farmhouse. Printed out the TAKE NOTE circle embellishment(came from a freebie journaling card), also changed the colors of it. I searched high and low trying to find the original source of the freebie journaling card but no such luck. Stars from Jenni Bowlin.


Freebie from scrapbookprintables . Loved this saying and it is was quite fitting with what I was feeling this week as a mother. Changed the colors to match the Clementine colors. 


Used another Cathy Z. Tiny Templates for this photo of Noah in the tub.


Added Maddie's Prescription to the journaling card.  Used a Tim Holtz mini paper clip.


And that is all of Week 3. Just started Week 4. I have been trying to catch up on some house/life stuff that had been neglected lately. Also had a wonderful, fun weekend with the kids/family. It was definitely needed !!

7 comments:

libbywilko said...

Love your pages this week !

Especially how you recoloured scrapbookprintables freebie, it looks fabulous.

Thank you.

Andrea said...

Hey Mindi - the link to the scrapbook printable isn't working. For me it linked to a site 'crapbookprintables'. Ha! You may want to take a look at this :-) I eventually found the download - which I LOVE by the way! I was able to download it as a PDF only. Can I still change the color of the words in PSE on a PDF? Did you use the eyedropper? Thanks!

Mindi said...

Andrea - Thank you so much for letting me know about the link. It is now fixed !! Yes you can change the colors in the pdf version using photoshop. I used the eyedropper to pick my color and then the paint bucket tool.

Unknown said...

Love all the little details!

Brittney said...

Your pages are amazing! Thank you for sharing and inspiring!

Anonymous said...

How did you change the colors for the motherhood quote?

Mindi said...

I opened it up in photoshop. I used the eyedropper to pick my color and then the paint bucket tool to change the color. Let me know if you have any further questions. I'd be happy to help or walk you through it.