Friday, December 5, 2014

December Daily Day 1

I know I said that I wanted to keep things simple. But I added just a few things to my title page. I just couldn't help it. I was working on my Day 1 and Day 2 and found a few things that would work. It's just in my jeans to want to play and add more stuff !

So here is an updated Title Page. Again, still simple.


Day 1 | Nothing real exciting happened. I only took 2 photos. Both instagrams.

But I love them so. They might not look like much but they both help tell my story of the day.


The first page of Day 1 I used for my journaling, the story that went along with my photos. I had a lot to say and this big page was the perfect spot. I used one of Ali Edwards 6x8 templates (you can find it here ) and re-sized it just a little to fit my page. I also changed the color to try to tie in with the second page.

* Here is how I matched the color. I pulled up the photo of my second page and used the eye dropper to find a good color.  I wanted to match the gold color in the December chipboard. Another tip : If the colors not quite right you can always move the color around, but at least you have a starting point. *

I also added a few more digital elements to my journaling page. Also adding the wood veneer star and the gray number 1 to finish off the page.


As I said earlier, I only took 2 instagram photos. I chose the page protector ( it came with my album from Simple Stories) that has 2 square slots and a tall journaling slot. It was perfect.

Not much to explain about this one. A little bit of embellishments and I called it good.

The first photo is of our Christmas totes piled up by the front door. I brought them to the front door and the kids hauled them inside and immediately started tearing into them. The second photo is of my son in the Santa Hat. He was the first one to find it and said "Hi mommy, I'm Santa". 


Day 1 is officially in the books. Now it's time to finish Day 2. Also on the To Do list is some fun Christmas DIY projects ! I can't wait to get started on those tomorrow.

Hopefully I can finish Day 2 tonight or tomorrow. I will be sure to share. :)

Happy Holidays everyone !







2 comments:

Shawn said...

So cute! Glad you decided to do a December album!

Mindi said...

Thanks Shawn ! I'm glad too !