Tuesday, December 23, 2014

December Daily Days 5 - 7

Hello everyone.

I hope all is well and you are enjoying this Holiday Season. I finished up my shopping last night, we are finishing up a few last minute house chores today, Santa cookies are being made tomorrow. I think I am ready. How about you ?

I wanted to share some of my December Daily Pages with you. I really need to get on the ball about blogging about them. I'm sorry. I will need to plan better next year.

In the new year I also plan on blogging more frequently. I have a feeling I will be doing lots of scrapbooking.

DD day 5


I had plans to do some DIY Christmas projects. I gathered all my supplies together and took a photo for the first page.


I used some thickers to spell out DIY and added the clear photo sticker (Christmas) from Simple Stories. I love these stickers, so so cool.


Made a filler card and added the number 5. The numbers are from Pink Paislee and they are super fun.  I took a photo of the first project that I made.

I took an old frame and put chicken wire behind it. I wanted a wreath in the middle and found the perfect little one at Hobby Lobby. Now it was ready to hold my Christmas cards that I receive.


Pinterest is always a fun place for any kind of inspiration. I took a screenshot of all of my DIY projects that I wanted to do this Christmas season. I added a brush from this set, from the amazing Wilna. Find it here. I wanted the brush to stand out so I turned it red.

DD day 6


Day 6 was what we like to call "Shoe Day" or St. Nicholas Day. It's a German holiday that I experienced as a child. I am so happy to share it with my own kids. They look forward to it as well. Basically, this is how it goes. You leave your shoes out the night of the 5th and St. Nicholas comes and fills them with goodies, and little things.


The kids were so excited to see that St. Nic brought Santa hats for their puppies. Aren't they adorable.


I added my journaling to the second page along with a picture of one of my kids's shoes.

DD day 7


We went to the tree lot on day 7. Actually it was day 6 but don't tell okay ?!! I had lots of fun photos from our 15 minutes of being on the lot.


Here is a close up. For the first page I started with one of the new Ali Edwards templates. I wanted to do a hybrid page. I cut out the photos from the template and added them to my physical journaling page. I also added a few extra embellishments to this first page.  Including the great Adventure clear overlay card from a previous SC kit. I must remember not to hoard all the good stuff and actually use it !! LOL.


The story of Day 7. Along with a triangle tree I believe from a SC kit.


Here is what the second page looks like.


As I mentioned above. I added an insert. The top is a see through pocket filled with lots of fun stuff, along with the piece of round piece of wood.


Some filler cards. 


A family stroll. 


That is it for today. Story by Story I am adding to my DD album and I couldn't be happier. 

I have days up to 11 done and will share soon I promise. 




2 comments:

susanne said...

Came across your blog- I am still working on my december daily- Love these filler cards that you have on last year- do you know the source? I especially love the car with the tree

Mindi said...

Welcome Susanne ! I am totally working on my DD as well. I am planning on putting up day 1-5 today or tomorrow. Let's see, the cards for these days. Day 5 I made this card with a few different papers. Day 7 the one with the numbers on it is from a Studio Calico kit from way back I imagine. The one with the tree on it was a freebie from last year. I thought I had saved it on my pinterest feed but I guess not. I'm sorry. I added the check box on the bottom and the stars in photoshop. I still have the download if you would like I can send it to you. It has the tree and then says Merry Christmas underneath the car. If you see at the top right hand corner of my blog there is a spot to email me. Send me an email and I can send you the card. Let me know if you have any other questions ok. Thanks for visiting.