Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December Daily Day 2 & 3

Hello everyone !

How is your December going ?

I myself have been busy with Christmas projects around the house, regular life, elf mischief planning, and Christmas planning.

I wanted to share my DD days 2 and 3 with you today.

Day 2  | Shopping in the rain with a friend. Lunch at Chipolte. And Santa hats.


A lot like day 1, I only took a few pics and they were all Instagrams. So the square page protector was perfect.

I dressed up the top photo with a photo overlay, a circle sticker, washi tape, and a clear sticker from Simple Stories.

I punched out the number 2 circle from the SC PL kit and put it on top of my journaling strip.


* TIP - For my journaling space I used the star screen from a previous SC PL kit. I sprayed some color spray (primerose color shine from Heidi Swapp) onto a paper towel. I took a Q tip to get the color spritz onto my journaling page. I placed the screen over my journaling page exactly where I wanted the stars and then used my Q tip to color in the stars. *


As I mentioned above, I had lunch at Chipolte. I used a gift card that I won at a bunco night, that had a great card sleeve. It was the perfect size for my journaling page. I included it on the bottom of the page.


Day 3 | I got started decorating the house. Got the garlands up, the stockings, the wreath on the front door, and a few misc. things.


Here is a look at Day 2 and Day 3 together.


I really loved this journaling card from a SC kit. I used the same technique with the Q tip ( as talked about above) to color in the word "FAVE" on the journaling card. I really wanted to try and coordinate both pages and make them somewhat the same color scheme.

I added the Ali Edwards heart and the "deck the halls" brushes to the journaling card and then doodled around my journaling.

I added the photo of my wreath to a piece of star transparency.  The plan was to put one picture on each of the sides of the star transparency and then stitch them into place. It mostly worked, cause can I just say that my sewing skills are at an -11 ! None ! I'm just rolling with it.

I added a photo of our elf Harry to the other side of the transparency (for day 4). You will see when I share day 4.

 
Got me in the album this year ! Yeah for self timers.

I added this fun silver number 3 from Pink Paislee. Also the star from SC.  Also added this great brush from Wilna. Find it here.


That's a wrap folks.

Day 2 and 3 are done.

Happy Holidays everybody.


2 comments:

Val-Belle said...

I am so glad that I have found your blog. With the birth of my twin grandies at the beginning of this year. I have soooo many pics to scrap and I have decided that PL is the way to go. So nice to have such wonderful inspiration and ideas. Merry Christmas :D

Mindi said...

Val - I'm so glad your here too ! Congrats on your new editions, how fun ! Stay tuned in the new year, I will have lots of new PL inspiration for you.