Thursday, April 9, 2015

Spring Ball | Project Life Style

Springtime is one of my favorites.

Blooming flowers, warmer temperatures, and I guess for now, it means Tball season. 

Let me start by saying that this spread was made for the Becky Higgins Creative Team. It was shown as part of the Creative Team blog post in March. If you haven't checked out all of the wonderful inspiration that the rest of the team has shared, you should. Im go lucky to be part of this amazing team. Here is a link to the Becky Higgins blog post.

The past 2 years my son has played Tball. I signed him up not knowing if he would like or want to continue. Well here we are going on our 3rd Season with practice starting next week. It's nothing strict or stressful which I like. 

I will probably look for a little league next Spring but for this year he will go through a local program here in town. 

I put together these pages for Noah's book. I wanted all his Tball pictures on one page. 


I stayed pretty simple for this spread so that the pictures could shine. 

To create these pages I used the Becky Higgins Baseball Themed Cards. I used a few wood veneers as embellishments on these pages. 


This photo was taken on the first day of practice and Noah loved to practice hitting the ball. 


This photo was taken during a game where one of the coaches was instructing was Noah what goes on out in the outfield. I added an overlay from Becky Higgins over the photo and slide them both into the pocket. (overlay not shown below)



I am a huge fan of Heidi Swapp and added one of her words to this journaling card. 


I added lots of journaling about this and that. It was fun to get it all written down and documented.

Noah was not really interested in if his team won their games, or how many points they scored, but boy was he proud to get his medal !! It was like he had won a race, his smile was amazing to see when they put it over his neck. I wished I had gotten a photo of that but oh well. We got some pics after we got home. 


We are all looking forward to another Tball season. Next year he will move up to something better ! Yeah !! 

Here's to some fun spring ball ! 


2 comments:

Liz M. said...

Hi Mindi: I like your theme spreads. Do you put them in the PL album or do they get a separate album? Also, what font and size are you using for 2015? Thanks!

Mindi said...

Hi Liz - I put all my spreads together in chronological order in an album. I like to have everything together, the weekly stuff and the event based stuff. That way I don't have to go searching for anything if I want to look at it again. The font I am using is called Palatino and size in photoshop is 11 for my regular journaling. I hope that helps ! As always don't hesitate to ask.