Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lisa Falls Layout

Every once in a while I get the itch to pull out my "traditional" scrapbooking supplies and make a layout. Not my project life stuff. But the pretty papers, stickers, rub-ons, ect. So that is exactly what I did. I made a layout.

I was working on a project life week and had some pictures from a hike we took to Lisa Falls with my mom and dad back when we went to visit. I thought that they would be fun to use on a layout. I had some left over supplies from my favorite company, Little Yellow Bicycle, and so I pulled it all out and started playing with papers and pictures. It has been a while since I have made an actual layout and it took a while to get going. I was so used to a space of 3x4 to work with !! It's not quite what I had in mind but it will do and it was fun to do something different for a change. So here is the layout.


Most of the supplies are from Little Yellow Bicylce. Including this butterfly in the picture below. I love these so much, love the depth that they give to the page.


Title of the layout


I didn't have much leftover space for journaling so I used the cute little cards from Little Yellow Bicycle that match the line of papers, stickers, ect. I printing my journaling on them and just tucked them under my photo. It's a good way to tell a longer story without taking up space on your page.


Noah was a little bit afraid of the water falls. They were very loud and so he kept covering his ears and saying "Loud".


I plan to do one more layout to go on the other side of this one to include in my project life album. I will share that one later when I get it done.

P.S. Working on my next project life week. Also planning a post about our recent Disneyland trip. Planned to go for an afternoon ended up staying for two days. Bad luck !! I will explain later.

P.P.S. So super excited about the new Becky Higgins stuff coming in soon. Has everyone picked out which edition they are going to pick for next year yet? I'[m going with Clementine. Also going to pick up some different page protectors. Can't wait. I need some for this years book.

No comments: