Monday, October 24, 2011

Project Life week 24

This was Noah's birthday week. It was a really fun week to do and I enjoyed looking back over the photos of his birthday party. He turned two the week before and so we celebrated this week with my brother, who drove up from Long  Beach. Thanks again Rob for coming and helping us celebrate !!

So here is the first page :


The first picture is of Maddie sitting at the dinner table refusing to try her dinner. We had set a rule up for her that she has to atleast try a bite of her dinner before leaving the table. This night she sat at the table until it was time for bed. We put her to bed and then in the morning we put her back at the table to try her dinner. Let's just say she hasn't done that again !! The brush on the photo is from Ali Edwards The story word art brushes.


Noah at the splash park. We have so many free splash parks in the city that it is so nice for the kids to cool off from the heat.


The girls at the splash park.


Here are the journaling cards :

The first one is some journaling about Maddie and her night spent at the kitchen table. I like to use the foldable journalers for long story's that I would like to include, without putting it on its own separate page and printing out. I just decided to hand write this one instead of spending the time to print on it, because that takes time.



Our shed arrived today. We are so happy !! Now we can empty out the garage and put the cars into the garage.


This one is a quote or rather a conversation overheard at the splash park. Maddie and Katelyn were pretending that they were pirates from the show Jake and the neverland pirates.


Journaling about me doing some painting of the family room


I included four extra pages this week. Lots of pictures from the birthday party. I did a collage of pictures from a Cathy Z template found on designerdigitals.com. Here is what it looks like in the book.


Here is a close up of the collage page  The brush in this one is from Ali Edwards  this it the day word art brush set.  June is from Ali Edwards days and months brush set. All others is just fonts.

Here is the other side. The brush on this photo is from Ali Edwards called life in pictures brush set

The next extra page I did was a divided page protector that was 12x12. I just cut the bottom strip off and put it in my album. Didn't need the rest of the page protector, not enough photos. Here is what it looks like in the book.


Here are the pictures close up

Noah loved his cake. 


I had to make a new cake because the first one fell apart. More on the later.


One more of the birthday boy and the cake. The brush is from Cathy Z birthday collection.


The other spot is my journaling spot. I used an Ali Edwards overlay and put my journaling on it.

Here is the other sides pictures :

Patrick being silly with the items I picked up from Target for the party.  The circle brush is from this website. Go here. LOVE HER FREE STUFF !! I just put my journaling in the middle of it. Love the result.


Noah playing one of the games that I got at target for us to play at the party.



Journaling on the photo about the games that we were playing.


All of us party goers having some fun being silly and making silly faces. The brush is from Ali Edwards The story word art.



On to the second page of the regular week.


Here is a close up of the pictures :

Katelyn and Noah.  The overlay is from Ali Edwards. The love embellishment collection.



This is my first attempt to make Noah's birthday cake. I always make the kids cakes and so I wanted to try to make a Thomas the train cake for Noah. He loves Trains. But it didn't survive the night and fell over ! So sad it was. The journaling space is from Pattie Knox, fanciful felt labels found at designer digitals.


Noah caught his rubber duckies and was showing them to me. The brush is from Cathy Z. birthday collection.


Here is one of Katelyn. We had so much fun being silly with the dress up stuff that day.


Here is a look at the journaling cards

This is a journaling card that I used a journaling card space from here again. Love her stuff. I am going to be using alot of it in the future.


I love to get images from websites and use them on my journaling cards. I wanted to find something Thomas the Train and I just saved the image from the Thomas the train website to my computer and then inserted it onto my journaling card. The title is just a font, i found one that looked the closest to the original Thomas title and. The journaling talks about trying to make Noah's cake. Turned out so cute.


That is the end of week 24. Now I am off to do my Monday chores !!

No comments: