Monday, November 7, 2011

Project Life Week 27

I was blessed with some time over the past few days to get a few projects done around the house. Thank you Patrick !! (My wonderful Husband) One of those projects was to work on my PL album. So I have another week to share with you all. Yeah !! This was the week of July 4th and it is full of that and other fun things we did that week.

Here is the first page :


It has been tradition for our family to get our camping chairs out on the curb and do fireworks. I have a picture of our family every year like this since Katelyn was born, seven years and I love it !! We had to buy Noah a camping chair this year and he loves his fox chair. The brush is from Ali Edwards This is the day word art. Just changed the color of the word Thankful.


The kids favorite fireworks. They loved to play in the smoke.


Patrick surprised the kids with a new pool and slip n slide.


Here is a look at the journaling cards :

This one was done with this digital stamp set from pixalscrapper.com. Click here to download. Loved this stamp set and used it throughout this week. The title was a rub on and I did the RED, white, and blue myself. 


This next one I used some rubons and a Maya Road kraft tag.


Used one of the extra cards from the kit, rubons, and a Jenni Bowlin "J"


This one was fun to do. Talks about the pool and slip n slide. Used the sun from the stamp set mention earlier. The word pool is from Ali Edwards Summer Rocks set. A trick I did for this card was to fade the sun so that I could read the journaling on top of it. Use the opacity tool in photoshop to fade layers. It is located above all your layers on the right hand side.


I had one extra page this week. Just used a 6x12 divided page protector and added in some pictures of us with the sparklers. I used the extra space on my pictures to journal on.


Here is the other side


And the close ups






Apparently I forgot to save the last picture to show you. Oh well. I used some of the star stamp set again, mentioned earlier.

So on to the second page :

More pool/slip n slide from the 4th. A visit to Buttonwillow, some lettuce fields, and the tour de france bicycle race.



Katelyn on the slide that is connected to the blow up pool. Used some journaling on the side again.


Maddie on the slip n slide


Buttonwillow is the town to the West of us. Lots of fields full of growing things. This one is lettuce.


I love to watch sports. I will admit it. I watch a variety of them. Football, basketball, cycling, golf, I could go on. And so I love to watch the Tour de France in July.


Here are the journaling cards

Some ladies from our Church gather together once a week to swim in the summer time. They rotate homes and it is so fun. This was our first week and the kids loved it.


We drove out to Buttonwillow for dinner. There is a good Mexican restaurant out there that Patrick stops at for dinner/lunch when he is out working in the area. So he wanted to take us there.


Lettuce growing in Buttonwillow.


My journaling about the Tour De France.  I like to get the logos from different teams that I watch, or if we go to a sporting event I like to copy the logo and stick it on my journaling card.


That concludes another week. I am still LOVING this project. Even though I am behing, I am not really worrying about it. It is all about the creating, the enjoyment, the photos, the journaling, the fun. So go have some fun with your albums everybody. Hope you had a great weekend.

No comments: