Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Project Life Week 30

Welcome to week 30. It was a crazy, yet wonderful week. Full of driving to Utah, mini adventures, and a photo shoots for the kids, and last but not least the start of our Family Reunion. So lets get going, this is a monster of a week folks.

Two things about this week.

#1. I had so much fun playing with the digital Project Life elements.  The digital journaling cards have made my life so much easier when it comes to journaling on my cards now. I am in heaven !! And also all the extra digital elements are going to be so fun to play with and easily add to my journaling cards. ( As you will see below).  I plan on purchasing all the extra digital elements in the future because it think they will add so much variety to my album. They are all great and you can easily change the colors of them !! SO MUCH FUN!!

#2. I didn't go completely crazy with my embellishments this week. I realized that I want to try and get this album finished because December is knocking on the door and then the new year is here. I am happy with the end result and just want to get caught up, some how. Some way. So I am really going to try hard to do that. Easier said than done though with the holidays coming.

Here is the first page :


This first picture is of me in the drivers seat. I have spent a lot of time in that seat lately, looking back at the kids while driving up to Utah.  Added journaling to the bottom.


The next one is of the two girls in the hot tub. Little did we know that it would be the last hot tub "swim", because Grandpa tore down the hot tub this fall.


The next picture is of the girls playing with their new Littlest Pet Shop house I found at a local thrift shop that afternoon. They sat out all night and played with it.

The journaling cards

Used a Maya Road tag with some road trip stickers I had. The red date tag is from a jillibean soup die cut  sheet that I found at my local scrap store and I have used quite a bit of it this week. Love it and want to buy all the sheets that they have. Here is a link http://store.scrapbook.com/js-jbd5519.html.


Jenni Bowlin place sticker.


Mentioned this freebie in one of the freebie posts. Love this quote/saying and printed it out onto cardstock. Added a brush from Ali Edwards this is the life brush set. Click here  for the saying.


Littlest Pet Shop circle saved from a recent Littlest Pet Shop purchase. Cut and put on the journaling card.


Now onto my extra pages. I had a lot of them. A lot going on this week.


I need to get some of those white tabs from Home depot to go on the sides of some of my inserts. That way people, and myself will know to flip them over and not just skip over them when going through the album.

This one I just took a regular page protector and cut it in half.  We took a trip to Liberty Park. They have a wonderful water play area for the kids.


The pictures : Had to have a talk with Maddie and she had to sit with me till her lunch was done.


 Brush from Ali Edwards Embrace the everyday brush set.


Journaling card. This one I had some fun playing with the digital elements from Becky Higgins. Used the ruler, and border. The word summer came from Ali Edwards Summer rocks brush set. The word tradition came from Ali Edwards holiday words set.


Here is the other side of the first extra page.


The pictures :


Packed a lunch for us.


Journaling card. Pretty simple card. Used a border across the top from the digital elements from the turquoise kit.


This next extra page was all about Maddie and I. We took the trax train downtown to Salt Lake City to visit my friend Kim for lunch. It was really nice to take Maddie along and have some one on one time with just her. We visited Temple Square ( It is the site of the LDS Temple). The grounds are beautiful and they have flowers, fountains, water features everywhere surrounding the Temple.

I used one of the new "Plastics". This one is definitely my favorite. 


Pictures. This one is one that I took of Maddie playing Angry Birds on my phone on the train trip.


Kim and I that I had Maddie take. Didn't turn out to well so I had to turn it black and white. Added journaling to the side.


Maddie.



Journaling card. I picked up some these Jillibean soup cardstock stickers and they are great from PL Journaling cards. I bought them all. Here is a link to the days of the week sticker sheet. Click here . I used one of them for the top of the card. For the bottom I used one of the digital elements again. Love these!
Also included our train ticket in the other pocket. 


Other side.


No journaling cards on this side just pictures.



Brush from Ali Edwards This one brush set



I added two 5x7's next from the photo shoot. One of my favorites. Brush from Ali Edwards photo love. Took an 8x8 page protector and cut the top off a little and still have to stitch it. 


I love to add big pictures in my album. It makes a big statement. So I picked my favorite picture from the photo shoot and cropped it to 12x12. Printed it at home and put it in the album.


The other side I used for a layout of the kids. I used Ali Edwards December daily template for my base page. Took the christmas stuff off and added my own element in the middle of the page. I love the hybrid look of scrapbooking. First I printed the border and circle element onto cardstock. Printed the pictures, cut them out and put them on the cardstock. Added my other embellishments from my stash and all done.


The last of the extra pages is next. My previous photographer and I have been doing trades for the past two years. Since I was in Utah I called her and scheduled us a photo shoot. I used the same "Plastics" as before and love it.


Pictures. Brush from Ali Edwards This one set.



Journaling card.


Other side.


Journaling card. Took the circle element from Ali Edwards Photo Love set and resized to overlap my journaling card. Changed the color to match Katelyn's shirt.


Here is the second page of the week.


Spent a lot of time in that chair on my parents deck this week. Watching the kids playing or swimming in the hot tub. Brush from Ali Edwards Life In Pictures brush set.


Patrick took this shot while out on a job. I always like to include him in the book as much as I can.


This is Patrick pointing to the coil that is on the truck. They send the coil down the oil well.  I journaled and put that on top of the photo.


Grandpa's bugs that he had saved for the kids.


Journaling cards.  Used a half a circle from the Jillibean soup diecut cardstock sheet. The brush is from Ali Edwards Life In Pictures brush set.


Used a thick marker to make a divider line on this journaling card. Added the arrow from the extra digital elements kit. The word outdoors is from Ali Edwards Go outside brush set.


Used this tag from the Jillibean soup diecut cardstock sheet. The butterfly is also from that sheet. The word Granpa is from Ali Edwards family words. Used the border from the extra digital elements available from Jessica Sprague.


Well that is the end of that week. Wow !! I really had fun with that one and look forward to doing some different things this next week. It is also a huge week.

Anyone gearing up for December Daily. I can't wait. I am not in the least bit ready for it this year. There sure a lot of good inspiration already.  But I am still very excited about the special Christmas memories that I can document. Thinking about doing a quick review post of my DD album from last year. Some of you have requested it. So we shall see if I can get it done tomorrow.

Take care now.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Love this week. Thanks for taking the time to explain all of the digital elements you used. I am just starting out learning PSE but this seems like something that I could tackle.

Anonymous said...

Can you explain more how you use the digital journaling cards? What type of paper do you print them on? Do you use them in Photoshop or word? I am just starting Project Life. Your pages are amazing.

Mindi said...

A quick note on how i journal on my journaling cards using the digital version. I pull it up in photoshop, put my text on, and print directly onto the physical journaling card that came with my paper kit, using my printer. Most printers will not let you adjust the paper size small enough but mine does. So no, I do not print them out and cut them to size. I do use photoshop for all my journaling and photo editing. More on this subject to come. I will put together a tutorial on how you can do it too, also how to print on them with your own printer. I just need some time. Maybe as the week goes on. Thanks guys.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Thanks so much for sharing. I always love to see what you are doing in your PL. Also your DD layouts look amazing.