Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Project Life Week 29

I promised you guys another week of Project Life and here it is.

The first page :

This week was a lot about telling little stories, along with the random weekly stuff. It was not intentional. But real nice.



 The first story was about losing a friend, a companion. My dear son, since the day he was born, was obsessed with his pacifier. He had to have it with him at all times. That Monday we said goodbye to it.

The brush is from Ali Edwards embracing the everyday set. 


We had brought my mom back with us from Utah for a visit. We all had a great time. This is them out in the backyard. Used one of Katie Pertiet's journaling strips on the bottom. You can find her stuff at designer digitals.


 The next story was about time. My husband has to get up real early for work sometimes, when he works on location. It has become a way of life now but was very hard in the beginning.

The brush is from Ali Edwards embracing the everyday set. 


Here is a look at the journaling cards :

I used a Maya Road jotter tag for the top. Love these for project life. I also love the October Afternoon letters. I need to get some more. They are the perfect size for the journaling cards.


 We had a HUGE water fight this week. Everyone participated and no one was left dry. The banner came from here. Journaled on it and cut it out.


Katelyn looking so cute at the farm we went to.


 Another clipart add on. Found the clock and added it to my journaling card. Changed the color.


Two extra pages today. One picture of Patrick in his overalls and hardhat. Love that its a selfy ! Here is what it looks like in the album. I sized it 6x8. Cut down a 8x8 page protector and just sewed up the side.


Close up:


Here is the other side. I made a collage of pictures. Added the brush (from Ali Edwards the story word art)
Another Katie P long journaling strip.


Here is the second page :


This is a picture that Patrick took while on location. Love how it shows that they really do work out in the middle of nowhere. And that they do have port a potties !  Added a sentiment tab from Ali Edwards Week the life kit. Added the date at the bottom.


Took the kids to the pool. The whole month of July they are offering free swimming. So we have been going as ofter as possible. Also the temperatures have been over the 100's here. Brush from Ali Edwards summer rocks set.


You would think getting a drivers license would be a fairly easy thing. Getting my drivers license took a long time. California is really particular who and how they give a new Drivers license to. Even though the process was lengthy, it did have a happy ending. Another little story. And by the way, they told me not to smile !



Last story was about Maddie's pink cowgirl boots. Her old,worn out, passed down, loved cowgirl boots. Love that one.

On this picture I used the rectangle tool in photoshop to create a text box. Changed the opacity of the layer so that is more translucent but just enough so that my journaling could be read. (located right above all your layers). Typed in my journaling. The word love came from Ali Edwards love embellishments set and I just added the d from Ali Edwards hand writing font. I believe you can find it on her website. The brush is from her life in pictures set.


Here are the journaling cards: 

sums up my getting my drivers license. Used a Tim Holtz tag for the top and a Jenni Bowlin tab for the bottom. Also stamps from 7 gypsies.


 There was another story told in this weeks layout about how my husband surprised me with flowers and ice cream on our tenth anniversary of our first date. Isn't he the sweetest !

I saved the card he gave me with the flowers and stapled it onto a card. Wanted that included.

This is the picture of the flowers. Maddie wanted to hold them for the picture.


 Added some stickers that I had in my stash. Journaled. Done.


That's the end of the week folks. I still LOVE this process of memory keeping. Take care now.

Thanks again for all your love and support. If you feel strongly about the topic (Creative Team) feel free to send Becky an email. I would appreciate that.Thanks.

1 comment:

Susana said...

Your PL posts are the best--so motivating and your layouts are truly over the top! I love the collage of your husband and the pink boots--reminds me of the ones my daughter had years ago.