Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Project Life Week 34

I have been waiting for some more photo paper so that I could print some more pictures for this week. I was expecting it yesterday but it came today. So I am now done with week 34.  The week of August 22- August 28.

This week was all about getting my new camera and back to school. Three extra page inserts this week.

The first page

Me and Maddie playing. Flowers. Swimming.


The pictures



Brush from Ali Edwards days + months set 


The journaling cards

The word playing is from here. 
The sticker is from My Minds Eye Lost and Found collection. Love these.


Saved the tag from my camera. Used a brush on the bottom of the card from here.


letters stickers from October Afternoon. Sticker from My Minds Eye. Took the paper from one of the extra journaling cards and cut it up and put it on the blank journaling card. A good way of using those up for me.


The Wednesday sticker is from Jillibean soup. They have all the days of the week on one sheet.
The word swim is from Ali Edwards playing brush set. Ticket is from Maya Road.


Here is the first extra page. I took a picture of me holding the camera in the mirror.The picture is 6x6. Journaled on some cardstock. The two circles at the bottom are from here. The brush at the bottom is from here. Used a 6x12 Becky Higgins page protector.


Here is the other side. I took some pictures of Noah playing with his train. Put them together on a 6x12 sheet in photoshop and printed it out. Here it is in the album. 


A close up.


The next extra page is of Katelyn's first day of school. Used a Becky Higgins page protector design G. Here it is in the album. Used one of the vertical photo pockets for my journaling square. Had some school stuff in my stash and used that. Also included a page of Katelyn's handwriting from school.


Pictures





The other side is of Maddie's first day of preschool. Loved her hearts on her handwriting.


The pictures



The next extra page was some plans that Patrick had sketched out for the backyard. Wanted to save them so just put them in the album. Printed on a journaling card and attached it to the page with a mini paper clip from Tim Holtz.


The journaling card


The second page. Katelyn. Our street sign. Maddie on her bike. Weeding. 


The pictures

 The word home is from here.




The journaling cards

Used an extra journaling card from the core kit. The circle die cut is from My Minds Eye


Used a ticket from here. Journaled on the ticket, printed it out, and then glued it to the hambley prints transparency.  Letter stickers from October Afternoon.


Been using up some of those extra journaling cards, can you tell !! I cut the bottom off of one. Used a tag that I had. Glued them both onto another one of the extra journaling cards. I think they are called filler cards in the core kit.


The brush on this one came from here .


That is it for week 34. August 22 - August 28.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would love to know where you get your ink and paper? I'm sure you've searched out the best deal. :)

Mindi said...

I have done some looking for prices. I could do more and see if there is a better deal than what I found. But here is where I get my paper.

http://www.atlex.com

I get my 4x6 semi gloss and everything else luster paper.

and I also pick it up from amazon when I have swagbucks. (from swagbucks.com)

Ink is a hard one. But here is the best place I have found. Most of the places are pretty close in price. My ink is epson. And I don't buy the refurbished ink, don't trust it.

genuinebrandsupplies.com

Hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

Great thanks... based on your recommendation I have an Epson R2000 sitting under my tree taunting me. I can't play until Christmas. Thanks for the heads up on supplies.

Mindi said...

Oh Boy ! Have a blast playing with it after Christmas. The wait would kill me!

The Crofoot Family said...

Hi Mindi- Can you tell me what editing you do to your pictures- love love them! do you have a favorite action?

Mindi said...

I have to say that I don't know the first thing about photo editing. The only thing I do in photoshop is to brighten up my photos and sometimes sharpen them up. I really need to take a class, someday I will. I don't have any actions and have used them only once. Sorry I couldn't be more help !!

Thanks for your comments.

Jule aus 9B said...

I really like your PL scrapbook. I am just starting with PL and wonder how you print on those cards. I have the same cards from the Turquoise Edition, and they look awesome in your album. I have only handwritten on mine until now and don't like my handwrioting too much, but I don't know how to print on them. Do qou have a special printer? Sorry if my questions are too stupid...
Jule

Mindi said...

Jule -
Thanks for your kind comments. As far as your questions about printing on the journaling cards : I have a printer that accepts small papers, including the journaling cards. So i use photoshop to get the job done and then print with my printer. Although you can do it too with any printer. Check out my Tutorial on the subject. Under the Tutorial label on the top right hand side of the blog.