Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Building one of our own

So I want to share some mighty exciting news with you all. It has been in the works for quite some time, starting out as a big DREAM. I thought it was about time that I told you. Because I am so stinking excited.

We are building our own home. A bigger home, a home to grow into, one where WE pick out the cabinets, tile, ect. Two stories, 5 bedrooms, well, you get the picture.

We always knew that we were going to move in the future, we just didn't think it would be this soon. But it all started last July 4th. We are always on the lookout for new homes, open houses, that sort of thing. We wanted to get a feel of what types of features, floor plans we liked and disliked. Well in the process, we found a builder that was building what seemed to be the perfect package. But at the time it was not going to be possible, so we had to wait. Fast forward to about Halloween time. We went out there again and really started thinking about how we were going to make this happen. Then one thing led to another and here we are today.

Oh I guess I should fill in the middle part. We had to put our house up for sale for the builder to begin the process. We sold it in record time, 5 days, and found a buyer that is going to let us stay in our current home until the new one is built.

Here we are out at our lot that we picked out. This was on Nov. 17th.


Fast forward to today. I am calling today Day 1 of construction. They "Trenched" our lot today. Meaning they dug out for the foundation, plumbing, ect. And forgive me because I am not even fluent in Construction lingo.

This is an instagram from today. I am so, so excited for it to be all done.  I know that it is going to be a long road ahead, but at least we know what lies ahead for our little family. 


So that concludes the update on what is going on in my life right now. Besides DD, PL, Christmas time, and normal everyday life.

**** Stay tuned tomorrow. I will share my PL layout. *****

P.S. apparently I was printing to many pictures because it sucked my printed dry. Currently waiting on more ink !! Eeek. Not sure when I will be able to post again. But know this, I will be printing like a crazy lady once I get my hands on that new ink ! I am getting everything ready to print now.

1 comment:

libbywilko said...

Congratulations and wishing you all the best for your new home ! How exciting :-)