Saturday, December 8, 2012

December Daily Day 5 & 6

Today I have day 5 and 6 to share with you.


Here is a look at day 5 and day 6 together.

I only had one photo from day 5 so I decided to make it just one page instead of a 2 page spread.



 Since the weather is still fairly good, in the 60's we are still having park day on Wednesdays. So I took the kids over to the park for some fun with friends and a picnic.  ** Sorry for the bad photos **


Here is the photo from day 5

I used this BRUSH.  And made a box for the brush to sit in, to make it stand out. For the box I reduced the opacity a little. Also changed the color to red for the word December.


Here is the journaling spot for Day 5

I cut some patterned paper for the background and added one of Ali Edwards December Daily journaling card. I just cut out the journaling card and placed it on the patterened paper. 


Here is a look at Day 6.

Today is one of my favorite days in December. It is officially called St. Nicholas Day. It comes from Germany. My mother is full German and kept this tradition going with me and my brother. So I have continued it with my own kids. And boy do they love it. Basically,  you leave your shoes out for St. Nicholas to fill them with goodies. This year they got their shoes filled with some candy and then St. Nicholas left them all a present under the tree. The Fisher Price Nativity Set. The kids were so excited. They played with it all morning until they had to go to school. They were up at 6:30 that morning. It was so cute to see them make a protective circle with the animals and the reindeers for the baby Jesus.

To begin this day I altered the December Daily overlays to fit the shape that I wanted. I printed it out onto cardstock. Using the overlay as a guide I resized my picture and printed it out. Then adhered the picture to the  printed cardstock. Added my embellishements. Isn't the washi tape at the bottom cute ! It is from October Afternoon.


Since I really wanted to keep this day to a one pager, I made a hidden insert. I just glued the edges of the front page to make room for the insert.

Here is the front of the insert.

I also had a lot to say about this day and knew that I had to create the insert to accommodate my journaling and more photos. 

I added this brush to the top and then added my journaling in. Also added the word merry from here and reduced the opacity so that it was less visable.


Here is the back of the journaling page.

I had a few more photos that I wanted to include. Added a border around the pictures and added a brush from here .



Day 5 and 6 are now complete. I will start day 7 today. We had a church Christmas party last night and Santa came to see the kids. So I'm super excited to get to work on it. We shall see if I can find some time.  Also I still want to share my next Project Life week sometime. Look for that soon.

Merry Christmas everyone !

No comments: